My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all forum members
Scott here to give updated pictures of some of my vintage lawn-boy mowers
hope you guys like them one of the pictures is my shop yard that I test run mowers
when done repairing them and one of my work bench with a 1964 7253 just repaired
the starter with new starter spring and the other picture same mower with the grass catcher
on it with rare green lawn-boy grass bag and a rare 1967 8225 auto mower with a 1965 7254
that is my first restore also picture of my grandfathers mower a 1968 7257 and my fathers mower
1966 7255 and a 1963 5231 and did a video of this mower but can not upload it also have 1964 7253
with a 1963 D-400 engine on it and also did video as well can not upload it to share also to add a 1962
5230 and a 1968 5236 with the grass catcher and have tune that mower up soon have great new year
also like the way I can now do pictures with camera of my own again please let me know what you think of
them your lawn-boy forum member and friend Scott

Attachments

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Happy New Year, Scott!

Nice looking equipment!

Harry

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,164 Posts
The Brick Top is my favorite, our 4 kids mowed lots of lawns with those. Gas tank too small only draw back. That was back when kids actually mowed lawns. Not a collector, just a user.
Walt Conner

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I love Brick Tops also. Always on the look out for them. It's going to be hard to do, but I am going to sell off some of my 80's and 90's era mowers, to make room for more Brick Tops, and pre 1980 Lawnboys.

Reactions: Lawnboy77

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,083 Posts
Nice collection Scott! Yes I agree with all about the bricks, some of my favorites as well, buy yeah that little fuel tank was a hassle. It would of been nice to have one of the deluxe model fuel tanks like what was on my 5234, but in 1977 I didn't know any better. Heck, I was just glad to have a Lawnboy after waiting years. LOL

·
5,856 Posts
Thanks for sharing all the pictures of the mowers. Glad you are getting some good use from your new camera. They look great!! Bill

Also added videos of three of his Lawnboys running in the first post. Check them out!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very nice collection of Lawn Boys there, Scott! I love the mint green 1968 models! Nice to see so many of the ‘60s models still in operation.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Seth
glad to hear you like my early brick tops and two 1968 lawn-boy mowers
also my fathers mowers as well a 1966 7255 also when you get a chance
check your pm box sent you a pm to ask you something take care Scott

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello forum members
sent the videos again so that everyone can now view them please let me know what you think
hope you guys like them thanks your forum lawn-boy friend Scott

·
5,856 Posts
Here is another video Scott sent me of him using one of his Lawnboys. Also a picture of his dad mowing with a Lawnboy and Scott at 5 years old walking ahead of him with a stroller. Bill

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hello all forum members
here is more pictures of my vintage lawn-boy mowers hope you guys like them
two of them are rare 1965 8223 auto mowers and another rare 1967 8225 auto mower
and very rare 1967 7001 deluxe lawn-boy mower with rare new old stock grass bag and
a rare 1963 8221 auto mower with grass catcher with original prop rod and also to share
8223 auto mower has also a rare new old stock grass bag and did a second picture of the
7001 with a 1968 rare blue grass bag and one of the 8223 auto mowers has a new old stock
lawn-boy bag from 1965 hope you guys like them your lawn-boy forum friend Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great photos Scott! Love the one of you and your dad mowing. It’s amazing that you still have that mower and it’s still running.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts