My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I finished shredding some pasture yesterday I started getting a popping noise in the steering. As I came around the house to park it there was a big pop and no more turning. I am not looking forward to all of the stuff that has to be removed to get the box out. I could have stood to have a quart or two less volume in the tank not to have the tank around the steering shaft. I thought about being an engineer. I'm glad I didn't persue it. I'm glad I didn't. I might have done some of the dumb things engineers do to get hated. The ones we hate probably think they are doing a wonderful job.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
I hear you re. how engr's pack things so tight they don't seem to think that what they design will ever need serivcing.......

Good luck on the repair.
Dave

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No repair. Sold it today for $900. One less project. It was the most user unfriendly tractor I've ever had.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kubota L345 2wd. I think it was a 1984. That reminds me, I have an operator's manual and shop repair manual to put on ebay.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is how I have gotten out of a few more repairs. An IH 706 and 756 went down the road earlier this week. One more 706 is supposed to leave tomorrow. I used the one 706 for a year and sold them for $600 more than I paid for them. Spine problems have caused the thinning of projects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts