My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a 1983 21P that I bought at a Farm Show in a junk pile for $5 and got it running and used it the last 27 years as a trim mower. The Briggs finally dies and was no longer able to be rebuilt. I had a 173 CC Harbor Freight Predator I bought on sale for $99 several years ago for a project that didn't happen. Combined the 2 to make Trusty II. Pictures of before and after the engine change. Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I recently started doing the same with a vintage Squire Applegate. Except Small Engine Warehouse has NOS 2013 era B&S 6.75 quantum engines for $70 + shipping ( mine was $100 tax and shipping ).. The engines have electric start and a blade brake and a 25mm shaft. 190cc flatheads

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have had a 1983 21P that I bought at a Farm Show in a junk pile for $5 and got it running and used it the last 27 years as a trim mower. The Briggs finally dies and was no longer able to be rebuilt. I had a 173 CC Harbor Freight Predator I bought on sale for $99 several years ago for a project that didn't happen. Combined the 2 to make Trusty II. Pictures of before and after the engine change. Roger
Good second lease on life you gave Trusty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That deck looks like it would take the same accessories(Mulch plate/bagging tunnel/side discharge) as my later, F engined green 12sb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts