My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Hugh wasn't the only one that had a good haul day. I ended up buying the SS12 that THE PATRIOT had for sale! It didn't come with a motor (he had it but i didn't want to pay for it and put it together), but I got the tractor other wise complete for $100 and he threw in some chains for another $20, and he had a dozer for it too, and a rear 3pt sears cultivator, but I was running low on cash and didn't want to spend too much. Had to explain the SS12 to the wife as it is :)

So here are some pictures!!

The SS12 on the trailer, while i was getting gas. ^^^

The Model number and SN

Nice Tins!!!

Nice nose!!

Whats missing here?????? Question... 12HP Tec, or 18HP Onan???
I have a twin front end and a mint running Onan18...

Nice looking dash- couple cracks at the bottom, but in nice shape, cigarette lighter is there, all switches work!

The tires looked really nice but I found this upon close inspection...

I have 10" tires that I will throw on the ss16 and put the 9.50 ss16 tires on the ss12... Problem solved!

Adjustable hubs on rear end... I may put the heavier SS16 rear in it that I have kicking around

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

So what do you guys think? I think this may be my next restore... But again, don't know if i want to search for the Tec 12HP or try to modify it so I can stuff an Onan in there... The onan would look nice in Blue :)

Comments?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
werent we talking about the chrome side panels on ss12's earlier today? looks awesome james! totally worth the dough IMO. i would sooo be looking to drop the 18 in that

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, we'll see about the 18... I think the front half of the frame may be the same dimensions... And if I mount the small tank that it came with under the seat, i won't have to repaint! LOL

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
will the tank on it fit between the fenders with no indents or anything?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will the tank on it fit between the fenders with no indents or anything?
I think so, it is about the same size as the tank you have in the SS15. About 7x7x12 maybe?? If not I have a set of SS16 fenders.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
well if you put the fenders on, and put the frame together, you might as well paint it up real nice... custom ss18???????

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well if you put the fenders on, and put the frame together, you might as well paint it up real nice... custom ss18???????
Still will need to be Pontiac blue though :)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
That is a nice hood, most of them are bent up in the front. I don't think your Onan will fit under that hood and it's to nice to cut up. That and I beleave you would need to move the grill forward, making the hood to short. I'm not saying you can't do it, but you might not be happy with the look ?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a nice hood, most of them are bent up in the front. I don't think your Onan will fit under that hood and it's to nice to cut up. That and I beleave you would need to move the grill forward, making the hood to short. I'm not saying you can't do it, but you might not be happy with the look ?
That's Kind of what I am thinking too. I will take some measurements and see what I can come up with... I may just end up selling more stuff I have and finding a correct motor.. I know Earth has one, but I think it it is made of Gold- never run, brand new old stock :)

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Nice! I was looking at this on craigslist a few days ago. That's my favorite style. Almost makes me wish I didn't cut mine up and put the Wisconsin on it...oh well theres more out there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow THE PATRIOT has been moving some tractors out.
Nice machine GT 80, Good luck with the wife........been there done that LOL.
I got this one from him back over the summer

Good luck with yours and I'm glad that you help Hugh out so much, you're a stand-up guy for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts