My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I dont have enough projects, so I had to buy another one.
Came across this, and the seller wanted 750 dollar. Been looking at youtube and in your threads here and found inspiration.

Today I have installed new bushings. Unfortunatly not brazz all over.

And rebuild the pedal-linkage. Took away the cruisecontrol and modified the forward/reverse.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get the pto-sleeve off? I have ordered an new one, that's straight.
Wood Hand tool Picture frame Art Tool
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Bicycle fork
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Bumper
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you mean by the "PTO sleeve"?
Sorry! I ment the PTO Pulley. I didn`t fint the right word at the moment, so I took a wild guess. :D

I have watched many youtube videos about some really great summer motorcycling trips in Norway. I would love to visit someday and try it out. I especially want to ride to Nordkapp, and the Lofoten Islands.
You are more then welcome to visit Norway! There are a lot of great motorcycleroads here. Lofoten is great, but the summerseason is short.
Try the western country too. Down by the sea, and up above 1000 meters above sealevel in no time. And lots of curves, a biker only dreams about at night.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remove the snap ring, support the pulley and press the shaft out. I should be a slip fit but it is probably rusted on by the looks of it.
The ring is gone. So I have to press the shaft backwards, instead of taking the pulley forward? There are some movement in it, but not nearly enough to be visible.

·
Registered
Cub Cadet models 3240 & 2165
429 Posts
The ring is gone. So I have to press the shaft backwards, instead of taking the pulley forward? There are some movement in it, but not nearly enough to be visible.
If you can pull the pulley off, great. If not, you need to remove the PTO assembly from the tractor, support the pulley and press or pound the assembly out from the pulley. If you pound make sure you protect the end of the shaft with hard wood, brass or something. The pulley will probably get ruined. Ya. I found a new pulley on e-bay for $35. This is the exact same pulley that CC sells for twice as much. Sorry I was not clear about this the first time.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I think the issue is people are very busy these days and lawncare is not an enjoyable task for them, it is just an extra thing they have to do for the summer months. I'm retired and also enjoy taking care of my equipment, so I not only don't mind working on my toys, I actually enjoy it. I'm not really a people person, too many things that change what a response will be to a given situation. Where as machines are constant - righty tighty, lefty loosey. Unless they are left hand threads - but even then its constant.

Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In search for a donor-machine or maybe another one, just in case something happens, I came across this.
A guy in Sweden asks 27000 SEK for it. (2715 US Dollar)
I think that is a bit too much.

What do you guys think?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Tire Wheel Plant Riding mower Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Automotive exterior Rim

·
Super Moderator
43,386 Posts
If it were here in the US that would be too much, but I suspect the market in Europe is completely different for clean used machines.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts