My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Snapper Comet some 27 years ago, used and with, I believe, a replacement engine on it. I had to rebuild the transmission once, that's about it I think. The silly thing looks like heck, but starts every time. Just now I pulled it out from winter storage and it started on the second pull.

I will miss it, but I've replaced it with a JD S240. I'm going to enjoy the wider mowing swatch, and the tighter turning radius (which I didn't expect).

This old girl needs to find a new home.

Here's my question, is it junk, or lovable by some restorer? If the latter, I'll try and find a guy who is into restoring stuff to give it to. If it's just junk, I'll offer it free on Craigslist to anyone who will take it. I mean, believe me, I've got my money's worth out of this thing already :)

·
Super Moderator
28,711 Posts
They, like a lot of the early machines, were built to last. Yep they need maintenance and sometimes a bit more but most of the time with just good care they will outlast the owner. Nice gesture to give as a restoration project!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
If it runs and moves it will surprise you what those old Comets will bring; your'e probably looking @ $150.00 or even more. If you offer it for free folks would probably come out of the wood work and someone would be very happy to get it. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I shot an email to a local guy who runs an annual Tractor Fest to see if he could help me find someone who would give this thing attention. If anyone around here wants it and lives close enough to Fountain City, WI to come get it, shoot me a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts