My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fence

Can you explain the fence you have for your horses. I have seen this used before, but not sure what it is and how it works.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Awesome pictures....Thanks for sharing them. :fing02:

Dur

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fatboy84 said:
Can you explain the fence you have for your horses. I have seen this used before, but not sure what it is and how it works.
It's Electrobraid.

More information is at...
Link to Electrobraid Company

It is a rope with copper braiding in it.

It gets pulled tight, cut and fastened with brass fasteners. It can get pulled tight because it is run through small pullies that attach to trees with nylon straps.

Very easy to install and very strong. It's supposed to be able to stop a horse physically as well as by shock deterrent. the shocking unit pulses out 6000 Volt pulses. I've felt it and it is strong. I got shocked in the arms & in the head once. I'd tell you the story about the shock to the head, but I can't remember it.

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
:Welcome: fatboy84 :Welcome:

Glad you joined up. How'd you find us?

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Outstanding

Keweenaw4310, beautiful pics and a nice looking place you have, loved the horses too :). I know some folks hate winter time and the snow, but I think there is nothing more peaceful and wonderful than a fresh falling of snow :). Guess thats why I live where I live too so I can enjoy all the seasons :). Thanks for posting them.

Take care :)
Jim

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jim_WV & Welcome.

We are still deep in snow here but starting to melt.

My snowblowing for the season may be over. Roads & driveway are muddy. I put the loader on last night.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think we are at about 270 inches for the season.

It's in the 50's today. I'm actually in the garage doing some spring cleaning right now. 200' from my house but connected via wireless.

Snow is still deep but days like this make a dent in it.

·
Crazy about Green and Red
65 Posts
Nice house. Snow sure made it pretty. I live in Kentucky. I wish we got more snow. We usually get a 3 or 4 inches a year total. I can't imagine 270".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts