My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't compete with you young bucks anymore in the LB dept but I bought this "beauty" of a mower this PM. I took my b-day off today to fetch this and not mow something for a change!

I know its rough looking but when I'm done it will be the perfect companion to me. I like simple mowers and I've always enjoyed my "M" series machines but I've always disliked the BBC's on the other two. I choose this one because it has a straight shaft and no premix tank as well. Its a plain ole jane "M" series with the three speed self propel, just the way I like them.

I may end up butchering my 10591 for the tranny for this one. I may be parting out an "M" to any interested parties later. (I haven't decided)

Anyway, here it is.:trink39:

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Happy Birthday Neal! That is a nice M and with the straight shaft instead of BBC, sounds like it will be trouble free in that department.

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
Happy L-B Day Neal! I have an M like yours, they mow great!

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
Happy birthday!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Happy Birthday! Nice M there!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone! Believe it or not this thing started right up and the tranny works fine too.

The front wheels are extremely wobbly. Any cures for this? Do I need to do the bushing thing here?

Neal

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Happy birthday, and heck yes. Fix up one M exactly the way you want it. You deserve it!

That's kinda funny that they put one decal on top of another on that recoil. The newer 10591 transmission would get you set up great. Betcha you won't have any problem selling off the remaining M parts, etc.
Your right about that recoil sticker. I didn't even notice till you pointed that out. I peeled the top one off and the one underneath says 4.5hp Lawnboy engine made in USA!!!

I think OMC messed up because this suckers got more than 4.5 horses. I dunno.

Neal

·
Banned
864 Posts
happy b-day Neil :birthday: I take me hat off:hatsoff:
:fest30: :dancingpa ca'mon members lets drink to Neil dunden:drunkie:

(ps how old are you)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts