My Tractor Forum banner

My old trailer

1285 Views 28 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Ariens93GT20
I bought this 16 footer about 12 or so year ago, time to freshen it up, new 8 ply tires, new fenders , floor repair and runners for automobiles. a 8k lb Warn winch and tomorrow I will mount a ATV winch at the tail gate, the gate is almost to heavy for Pops ! gave it a fresh brush and roller paint job. Im pretty happy with it
Wood Flooring Floor Composite material Gas
Wood Track Automotive tire Engineering Machine
Wheel Tire Vehicle Truck Motor vehicle
Wood Flooring Floor Composite material Gas
Wood Track Automotive tire Engineering Machine
Wheel Tire Vehicle Truck Motor vehicle
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Are my pics posting to large ?
You could put spring-assists on the tailgate...

And if you don't mind redoing the hinges, you could add hinge springs and/or cut the tailgate down the center (depending on what the center piece is), so it's easier to lift.
Reactions: CCMoe
dr i have a set of these om my trailer they are good for gates up to 300 lbs i lift mine with my foot thats a nice trailer Gorilla-Lift 2-Sided Tailgate Lift Assist – Easily Raise and Lower Your Tailgate With One Hand -Model 40101042GS

Attachments

i just painted them black when i repainted

Attachments

Your trailer come out sweet, Don. I have a 16' that's needs tending too......for about three years now! Thanks for reminding me :LOL:
Reactions: CCMoe and DrBailey
This is the REAL deal here-DrB! Even though they have gone up about $30 @ Northern since I got mine--sometimes they have a sale. No maintenance either. I love them. I think about 2-1/2 hours to mount both-
glenn
glenn
dr i have a set of these om my trailer they are good for gates up to 300 lbs i lift mine with my foot thats a nice trailer Gorilla-Lift 2-Sided Tailgate Lift Assist – Easily Raise and Lower Your Tailgate With One Hand -Model 40101042GS
Reactions: DrBailey
I use this on the wood deck of my trailer every 3 years. I spray it on the deck and work it in with an old broom.

It smells awful for months, so I know it's working. Cal

Liquid Fluid Rectangle Packaging and labeling Service
Interesting; maybe I should get this stuff for my little trailer I haul my tractors on since I'm not sure if it is PT wood or not. Where you get that stuff from?
I use this on the wood deck of my trailer every 3 years. I spray it on the deck and work it in with an old broom.

It smells awful for months, so I know it's working. Cal

View attachment 2542143
Their fine to me, Nice work on the trailer and beautiful '55 or '56 Ford by the way!
Are my pics posting to large ?
I got it at Lowes.com at: Copper Green link

It was $21.98 a gallon. There are other sites online. But I've never seen it in stock at any store.

This stuff really does stink. But I apply it outdoors, and my trailer is kept outdoors. Cal
Interesting; maybe I should get this stuff for my little trailer I haul my tractors on since I'm not sure if it is PT wood or not. Where you get that stuff from?
Reactions: 1967Craftsman's
My trailer also is kept outside, so i would apply this stuff outside as well if I can get it. I'd like to look into it and see if they got it at the store, but push comes to shove I'll just use the oil based stuff I used on the base of my shed. Thanks Cal
I got it at Lowes.com at: Copper Green link

It was $21.98 a gallon. There are other sites online. But I've never seen it in stock at any store.

This stuff really does stink. But I apply it outdoors, and my trailer is kept outdoors. Cal
Reactions: 3 Legged Dog
thanks Glen, got em ordered !! eeeeha !!
This is the REAL deal here-DrB! Even though they have gone up about $30 @ Northern since I got mine--sometimes they have a sale. No maintenance either. I love them. I think about 2-1/2 hours to mount both-
glenn
glenn
I ordered them forkz , can't wait to install them !! Thanks guys , My HERO'S
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Reactions: glenn27
Don the staff has been trying to get ahold of you for days regarding your accounts on here via your email and the "Conversations" on the site. We want to help you merge your accounts.

Can you respond to the requests so we can help you? Click your avatar (your picture) at the top right of your screen and then "conversations" please. Thanks.

I ordered them forkz , can't wait to install them !! Thanks guys , My HERO'S View attachment 2542223
Reactions: DrBailey and CCMoe
I have a set of those spring lifts that I need to get on my trailer, thanks for reminding me also.

CCMoe
mine have been on the trailer since me and my bro built the trailer in 2009 no problems yet work graet back savers for sure
Reactions: DrBailey
We live in a strange world so check state and local laws regarding display of SMV sign on trailer. SMV, yes. However often prohibited on vehicles traveling more than 25 MPH. Buddy of mine was ticketed for speeding at 40 MPH with exposed SMV sign on tractor being trailer-ed. Officer sited law and explained it defeats the purpose of SMV at 40-50 MPH. Just sayin . . .
Reactions: PA318Guy
We live in a strange world so check state and local laws regarding display of SMV sign on trailer. SMV, yes. However often prohibited on vehicles traveling more than 25 MPH. Buddy of mine was ticketed for speeding at 40 MPH with exposed SMV sign on tractor being trailer-ed. Officer sited law and explained it defeats the purpose of SMV at 40-50 MPH. Just sayin . . .
wow , never heard that. before , Mine has been on there since new. it. indicates that I haul agriculture mainly , I think I will just plead insanity !!! lol
  • Love
Reactions: forkz
DrB.-
I see you put new DOT tape alongst the edges-good idea. More visibility is best!

Now-looking at ur trailer closer--might be a small problem n the installation, but a man of your knowledge/expertise--shouldn't be a bigee...The top "rail' of your trailer looks round-like pipe. The two side pieces for the Gorilla lift are square tubes-2" , I think. Might have to figure out a way for the attachment bolts (they are supplied)- to fit to the top of the side rails on ur trailer. There has to be enough space inside the square tubes for the two springs/windup cable to fit, and to extend and retract--thereby raising and lowering the rear gate. Now that I think about it--there are instructions in the box--it might explain how to work around this issue. When I installed mine--it bolts right on -four holes to drill....but I installed the first side on the opposite/wrong side--and the cable wouldn't retract. That was a head scratcher for five minutes...DUH...
I'm sure you'll figure it out--post pictures afterwards......and good luck....Oh--On the back tailgate, at least on moine--there is two round rods at the bottom of the gate, that attaches it to the trailer and it pivots on--mine was 'squeaky' -it's galvanized. I took them out-applied a thin layer of 'never seize' --much better and smoother now.
OK--enuff said-
Take care, my friend!
glenn

I ordered them forkz , can't wait to install them !! Thanks guys , My HERO'S View attachment 2542223
glen i found this
DrB.-

I see you put new DOT tape alongst the edges-good idea. More visibility is best!

Now-looking at ur trailer closer--might be a small problem n the installation, but a man of your knowledge/expertise--shouldn't be a bigee...The top "rail' of your trailer looks round-like pipe. The two side pieces for the Gorilla lift are square tubes-2" , I think. Might have to figure out a way for the attachment bolts (they are supplied)- to fit to the top of the side rails on ur trailer. There has to be enough space inside the square tubes for the two springs/windup cable to fit, and to extend and retract--thereby raising and lowering the rear gate. Now that I think about it--there are instructions in the box--it might explain how to work around this issue. When I installed mine--it bolts right on -four holes to drill....but I installed the first side on the opposite/wrong side--and the cable wouldn't retract. That was a head scratcher for five minutes...DUH...
I'm sure you'll figure it out--post pictures afterwards......and good luck....Oh--On the back tailgate, at least on moine--there is two round rods at the bottom of the gate, that attaches it to the trailer and it pivots on--mine was 'squeaky' -it's galvanized. I took them out-applied a thin layer of 'never seize' --much better and smoother now.
OK--enuff said-
Take care, my friend!
glenn
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.