My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Josh
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
In the last few days I've had some time to get work done on my tractor. I have actually got to drive this tractor for the first time. Steering works pretty good, but still needs fine-tuned. It will spin sharply on a hard road. In loose gravel its not bad. It gets incredible traction and the rocks in my pea-gravel driveway don't cause the problems that I thought they would with the tracks. Actually, these tracks will crush the rocks if they get in between the guide wheels and such. Anyways, I changed the steering to use the old control handles like a real Cat. I have a lot of paint work to do yet and I'll need to keep tweaking things to get it right. I wonder if putting boggies on these tracks will help with steering. I also think it might be time to rebuild the engine as it is starting to smoke a bit.

As some of you know I've been busy working on my daughter's wagon

And now I'm also starting on my FIL's golf cart. It just got some of the air ride components on after we got the body stripped. The body is getting a professional cardinal's paint job.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
As some of you know I've been busy working on my daughter's wagon

Darn now I gotta build one of those! I got a daughter coming in December!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Another member who just amazes me on fabbing skills, that is soooo cool!!!!

Can you post pics on the wagon project? I took an old red wagon my son had, used the axles, steering and welded on some really soft springs to a piece of expanded metal to make yard wagon. Would love to see how you did yours as I would like to revamp ours... I need to stiffen springs and completely redo steering.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Awesome fabbing on all of the projects, I'll have to keep an eye on your work. I was figuring you might have to go with the dual lever system to control the steering.

·
Josh
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Thanks guys,
Yeah, I now like the dual lever, but I was against it to begin with. I always looked at it as the easy way out. But, after seeing that is just wasn't possible to get a manual steering wheel setup to become powerfull enough to control those brakes, I bailed on it and went with the levers. I like them now.

Thanks for the comments on my fab skills. I KNOW there are members here with a better skillset and better equipment (lathes and such) that trump me. I love improving my skills with each new project or challenge. Currently I'm teaching myself to gas weld so that I'll be prepared when I decide to by a Tig and learn that. Now, if I just had a lathe.... lol

If you want to see more of the wagon, I posted a thread about it:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=157119

·
Custom User Title
347 Posts
im actually concedering making one of these with hydrolics

·
Skid Steer Enthusiast
306 Posts
Very interesting project. I had thought of making one but priced everything out and it was way over my current budjet. Besides, i already have several projects to work on including replacing the rings in my Simplicity 9518 Diesel and doing electrical work on my Yanmar.

·
Registered
537 Posts
im actually concedering making one of these with hydrolics
If you're going to go that far with it, you'd probably be best starting out from scratch. Or with a wrecked bobcat.

·
Registered
306 Posts
View attachment 129012

Ya gotta keep the stacks ot least one :greendr:thatl leave one 4 another project ! i love it already ! I wonder if a feller could use something like these to drive the tracks ? then you could remove them if you ever needed to go back original ?

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
somethin ike this lol!
ive got madd fabbing skills on paint :sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looking good there Josh. slkpk

·
MTF New Poster
2,163 Posts
That machine turned out sweet.I am looking forward to the next build you posted.I would only do single ags on the rear with the narrow front.I think duals would be outta place with a narrow front.Either way it's gonna be a sweet machine when it's finished.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts