This is an old craftsman mower that I bought for $100. I repainted it caterpillar yellow, put a gas peddle on and took off the throttle. I got rid of the mower deck, built a push bar (very strong) and made a quick detach blade for it. It had regular tires and rims and I used it for lawnmower poker runs around here, but on the way home last time..... she fell off the trailer. So, we put her back on the trailer and took her home to assess the damage. The deck raise/lower handle (which now controls the front blade) was scuffed a little, the exhaust broke, but the 12" tall 3" round dual chrome stacks that stuck out of the hood were untouched. A front spindel and the front axle beam was bent. One rim was bent and the seat is now crooked. But, it didn't get a single scratch on the paint! Sure, it got a little dirty in the process of flipping over down the road, but at least it landed on all four wheels!
So, now the axles are out from under her. The exhaust will be fixed and put back as it was (I loved my stacks!) and the paint will remain yellow. She will soon have a polished diamond plate dash and floor boards. She will also be sporting some rubber crawler tracts. I am in the process of fabing the new hubs and wheels that will hold the tracks you see in the pic. Those tracks are a single arctic cat track cut right down the middle. I will use the stock drive train to power it, but will steer using hydraulic disk brakes on each side of the axle. Since it is an open axle (I never got around to welding it solid lol) I can turn by stopping one of the tracks while allowing the other to continue to move forward. I think I am going to use the steering wheel to control the braking force so it will still be driving much like a regular GT.