My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an "Upper" Ramps kit at Menards. I wanted to have some ramps shorter than my aluminum set which normally stay at my storage. I screwed 2x2 and 2x3 boards to them so when I have a load the ramps just set into the stake pockets and I don't have to secure them. They are a litte over 7 feet long. If the bed is empty they can lay in the bed at an angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you look at the top left picture,,, there are 2x2s on the ends touching the ground. Since they only stick out to one side of the board they don't sit level on soft ground. I will replace them with longer 2x2s the stick out the same distance on each side. The 2x3s at the other end had to be trimmed to fit in the stake pockets. Any tighter and I would need a hammer to get them into the pockets. This way they won't pop out going down the road.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
That is a great idea with the way they mount into the stake pockets for trasportation. :fing32:

But the ramps themselves look awful steep. I'm not so sure you'd be able to get a tractor with a deck on it up and into the truck without bottoming out.

How long are those boards ? You might want to consider using 10' boards to lessen the angle. Even if they stuck out past the rear of the truck when mounted in the stake pockets. You could flag them.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little over 7' long. The truck has a 7' bed. I carry a come-along with me everywhere I go. Modifications are coming. I will be cutting more 2x8 boards into sections with spacers to essentially make the top section arched. I will upload pictures when its done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts