My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this toy up today It is a Struck Magnatrac MT3000 it has been used mainly for dozing never had any other attachments. I'm Planning to put hydraulics on it and building a backhoe for it. It runs good and it sure can push a lot of dirt. I just hate the electric accuator on it. Just to slow and no power to raise blade with dirt up against it. I'm not sure where to post this so I posted it here so if I put it in the wrong forum I'm sorry..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Welcome.That's a cool looking machine. I hope you do a thread with a lot of pictures as your progress with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tore down to tracks yesterday cleaned up track unit. Now on to the transmission has oil leak and shaft wobble on input shaft. Have opened gear box and pulled shaft not finding reason for wobble but will put in new bearings and seals and see what happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I tore it down to the bare frame and have started to reassemble so far have gotten the track section done and now working on the motor and control section. Replaced a few worn parts and painted the frame and sprockets and gearbox and idlers. put in new chains and greased all the shafts and bearings and the tracks are done. Still have a few covers to finish cleaning and painting waiting for the weather thou so might be awhile.

Attachments

·
JD420,318,185,116,STX38
175 Posts
Nice find. Been threatening my wife with the thought of getting one just cause they look cool. I would be the only man on the block with one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK some updated photos and she is getting close. I have rebuilt the engine with new 010 over pistons and rings new starter and valves found some covers for the air cleaner and the breather tubes that were missing. Built a new belt guard that was missing. Have painted the complete unit a caterpillar Yellow 1 whole gallon so far. Now to order the new Decals and get a new fuel tank (which is not full of holes). Possibly build one as I can't seem to find one that matches the original one. I see some that are similar but they are very expensive for 1 gallon tank and they don't give you any dimensions or sizes to try and fit the space. It looks like a Tecumseh fuel tank but not quite sure I can go by the picture they have on E-bay. almost like the one I have in my squire 12 but it is short and wide and this one is tall and narrow. So the tank is the only thing holding her from being finished and out getting dirty.:tango_face_sad:

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
Nice restoration! Thanks for documenting this for us all. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing at a time No backhoe yet still trying to decide how to build one from scratch. Looking at some have a lot of parts laying around so maybe. Yes that is a electric actuator on the blade as soon as I get some hydraulics set up on the tractor it will get converted to hydraulic cylinder as the electric actuator is too slow. If I put a backhoe on it it will also get a bucket loader to offset the weight of the hoe. I want to get it outside so I can level some dirt out back for now and then when she is a little dirty I can work on the backhoe without feeling bad about scratching the paint. I did rebuild the worn out plates and pins on the dozer blade so it is tight before it was so loose you couldn't keep it in a straight position with out it slipping to one side which caused it to push the dirt to one side.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is some pics from yesterday after playing around with it in the dirt and gave it a bath before putting it away. Lots of fun but used all the gas in the temp. gas tank sucked it up pretty fast. Need to get the new tank ordered. Still tinkering with the blade it sits low one side and digs in on that side looking to putting new blade on front side. Not yet tho want to play with it some more.

Attachments

·
Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,324 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
one question thou does anybody know is there away to make the blade not dig in so much? I was thinking of putting some shoes on the corners to make it self level?

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
I dont know how I missed this until now. I have never heard of the MT3000, but I think I have looked at every picture of the smaller MT2000 that there are. Is that hood original? Very cool project, but not enough pictures!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts