My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere X370 42" K57 + 10PX Cart
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Congrats on the X370, I bought mine in 2018, it has 56 hours on it now. I use it for cutting grass and plowing snow which it does great on both!
Nice machine, it's still shining. I also see how beautiful these brush protectors are. The seat is different now, I hope it's for the better.
One question: what snow blower do you use? I saw a JD used here in excellent condition that already comes with the weights and the adapter for about 1200 CAD.
I don't know if it's worth the price, but compared to a new one I'd say yes

Vehicle Road surface Asphalt Yellow Rolling

One last question, is your snow blower powered by the native hydraulic pump on the X370?

Thank's

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I thought the magnetic hitch pin was a great idea, but resisted getting it for years. Now that I have it, I say meh. Her is why:
  1. The magnet is not strong enough to use the pin as a handle on an empty cart, 10P or 17S.
  2. The magnet is not strong enough to hold my chain harrow.
Compared to the standard bent pin, it is superior. Compared to the Hillman heavy duty D handle ones, it is easier since the little pin is not needed. But I have an ez hitch pin like this one:

The Hillman hitch pin, comes in different sizes.

·
Registered
John Deere X370 42" K57 + 10PX Cart
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I thought the magnetic hitch pin was a great idea, but resisted getting it for years. Now that I have it, I say meh. Her is why:
  1. The magnet is not strong enough to use the pin as a handle on an empty cart, 10P or 17S.
  2. The magnet is not strong enough to hold my chain harrow.
Compared to the standard bent pin, it is superior. Compared to the Hillman heavy duty D handle ones, it is easier since the little pin is not needed. But I have an ez hitch pin like this one:

The Hillman hitch pin, comes in different sizes.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-6-1-4-in-Hitch-Pin/3062011
[/CITAR]

good points ! i love the idea of not having to put the lock cotter pin, it reminds me of my car when i have to change the hitch, the pin is always with grease or some other dirt

21 - 25 of 25 Posts