My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't come to W.Va. with it loaded like that.
Backhoe bucket on the trailer bed with a tight strap or chain across the bucket.
Otherwise you get to meet some of our fine WVDOT officers, and they must get a real deal on ink pens, they like to write you love notes.
Note goes something like, we would love some of that folding green out of your wallet.

Nice looking machine though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Backhoe bucket on the trailer bed with a tight strap or chain across the bucket.
Otherwise you get to meet some of our fine WVDOT officers, and they must get a real deal on ink pens, they like to write you love notes.
Note goes something like, we would love some of that folding green out of your wallet.

Lol well it's a good thing I didnt load it that's the guy i bought it from :LOL:

Definitely good to know though! And thanks for the compliment on the machine :)

·
Super Moderator
8,674 Posts
You didn't move any snow with it?....I got a 1723 a few months ago....I went over to NJ for it....it looks good....really good....I don't have the back hoe...and I decided not to put hooks on it...afraid of bending something...best of luck with it....let's see more pictures!

·
Registered
16 Posts

The owners manual also explicitly says to not strap it across the middle of the deck. But that is exactly how mine came from the dealer. Not a lot of places to hook to with these little guys, though. Must be some locations to hook to near the tires on the frame.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You didn't move any snow with it?....I got a 1723 a few months ago....I went over to NJ for it....it looks good....really good....I don't have the back hoe...and I decided not to put hooks on it...afraid of bending something...best of luck with it....let's see more pictures!
Nah, no snow moved. I have a john deere riding mower with a 42" snowblower that handles all of that. The Massey will be a backup for now.

Here's a pic of the 22 yards of mulch we spread with the fel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The owners manual also explicitly says to not strap it across the middle of the deck. But that is exactly how mine came from the dealer. Not a lot of places to hook to with these little guys, though. Must be some locations to hook to near the tires on the frame.
That's a head scratcher. One would think the dealer would know how to load em up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nah, no snow moved. I have a john deere riding mower with a 42" snowblower that handles all of that. The Massey will be a backup for now.

Here's a pic of the 22 yards of mulch we spread with the fel. View attachment 2492363
That's about the amount we spread every year. Had been doing it a couple yards at a time by pickup and trailer. This year, with my 1715, I can do it your way. Looks a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's about the amount we spread every year. Had been doing it a couple yards at a time by pickup and trailer. This year, with my 1715, I can do it your way. Looks a whole lot easier.
We used to the throw it from a trailer driving around the property. This is waaaaay easier your back will thank the massey lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts