My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a real nice 1982 simplicity 7117h with mower deck and front blade plow.it has 450 hrs on it and looks mint .no rust or faded paint and everything works. the guy repainted the front plow and bracket. whats this set up worth? i paid $750 and think i did ok.does anyone know where i can find a sleeve hitch for it?

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I think you did well it looks like it's in really good shape.

Sorry I cant put a value on it but around here I believe that would be a fair price.

I did see a person on CL selling a Simplicity sleeve hitch but they didn't know what model it was for, you can put a want ad up for what you're looking for in the for sale/wanted section of the forum, who knows you just may luck out.

Try E-Bay or you're local CL you may get one fairly reasonable.

Ron

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,492 Posts
Yeah, you paid a very fair price for that machine. Any 7100 series with hydrostat and hydraulic lift would probably list for $800+ here. I routinely see them for $1200 with a couple common attachments. That is a great machine!

The plow is not Simplicity, and I'd be interested to see how the PO rigged up the hitching for it. Almost looks like it lifts from the rear, and pivots at the axle?

The tractor doesn't look like it has a rear lift. There are sleeve hitches on ebay frequently. Are you referring to an actual sleeve hitch, for something like a bottom plow, or are you referring to the rear lift bracket? I've seen the rear lifts referred to as 'sleeve hitches', but that is a mosconception.

Here's the rear lift bracket...you'd need a cable kit for the rear lift to work as well
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allis-Chalm...001?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f10d30ed9

·
Registered
748 Posts
You did very well on that. I have a 7117H and enjoy using it.
tillers hitch right up to the rear and the belting runs off a rear mule drive from the pto. Most other attachments require a sleeve hitch. I built my own sleeve hitch from factory spec prints. Good luck with it and have fun

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im a total newbie. what model simplicity tillers will fit my 7117h? any other makes fit it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how about this one. Simplicity garden tractor tiller. 30 inches wide. Model ID# 1690194 2143 ????

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deck in the same condition as tractor,whoever owned it kept it garaged and clean for all this time.hard to believe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
can some one post the sleeve hitch specs for this model so i can have one made? or have an extra one for sale? or fab one for me ? pm me with the cost. thanks i want to put a plow or disc on it thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts