My Tractor Forum banner

My new old 1964 Springfield Tractor

13K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  grnlark 
#1 ·
Pick this up yesterday. Price was right inline with my budget, FREEEE.
Sat in a Barn for 20years, motor is stuck :(
I am optimistic (wishful thinking :praying:)
1964 Springfield TE 6

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Jim,

This one will be quite a challenge. Not much info out there about these tractors. I spoke with Briggs yesterday, they are sending me out some docs on the engine. Not sure what the issue is, will know more once I get hold of a can of MMO.

#7 ·
Cool looking tractor, and you just can't beat the price!!!!

#8 ·
cool looking old tractor and a great price.I found a guy who has most manuals and other info on these.here is the link,he may be able to help you more.http://www.motomow.com/springfield.html

#11 ·
WOW, you must be really cleaning up your area, how many tractors you got in your collection now? I must say you are finding some very interesting machines

#12 ·
I picked up the springfield and the simp 728 the same day. I have 9 garden\lawn tractors and 2 8N farm tractors. The Springfield I saw on CL listed for 150.00 When I got to pick it up, the PO realized the engine did not spin up and just gave it to me for free :)

It is my goal to get that puppy up and running. I am hoping the motor is just stuck from sitting. I will probably put a can of MMO in it and go home for the week, see if it spins the following weekend.

My collection does not look as nice as yours buddy. I also promised myself to stay off CL for a while. :praying:

#17 ·
I just stumbled upon this thread searching for info on Springfield tractors. I'm hoping to get my hands on this one this weekend. What can you tell me about them? I know nothing.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Attachments

#18 ·
Hi Matt,

I am by far no expert on these tractors.

The one I have is a 65 TE-6 as you can see in my photo the label that was on my springfield.
They were made in springfield Ohio by the Quick MFG company. I have searched and was not able to find very much about them, nevermind a manual.

They were not made very long, I am guessing 62 thru 65 or 66.

It is my belief that the label means 65 for year, E for electric start and 6 for 6 HP
That is purely my opinion. The engine on mine is in fact a 6hp Briggs engine with starter generator.

Mine has the Fiberglass fender assembly

Here is a thread
http://whtractor.15.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=16849

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

#19 ·
I just took a look at the tag on mine and its a Model: 62TE and Serial: 434. It's interesting because I would assume the 62 = 1962, but the tractor is definitely orange and not red. I thought the orange models were the later years? Unless the "red" was orange/red. It's like Chevy engine orange. :confused:

#26 ·
Oh and BTW - I assume the 36 on my hood has to do with the mower deck size. It's pretty large and when I measured it yesterday, it is in fact 36" wide.

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.