My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I can get this to work. http://photos.cubfest.com/thumbnails.php?album=1017

Here's my little photo essay on the rebuild of my Cub Cadet 1200. A couple of guys here helped me through some irritating issues - no spark after I had this thing running, excessive vibration, etc.

I still have some things to tend to on the tractor, like putting my Johnny Bucket Jr on the front end, finishing up in the IH snow/dirt scrape blade - hope to make it electric actuator activated too.

And, the usual drive it and tighten things up as you go.

Thanks folks for all your help!:trink39::trink39::trink39::thanku::thanku:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Nice Cub. What part of NC are you from?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
You are not that far away from me. I am in Bahama, just north of Durham and south of Roxboro. Back to the tractor that is a sweet Cub:not_worth:not_worth:not_worth

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you kindly Kingwood. I tried to take my time and do a little bit as I went along. It has turned out to be a powerful tractor with that 12 HP Kohler.

I"m hoping I can get many years of satisfaction and use out of it.

You have a great looking tractor too. Is that one of the MTD 990's? I've seen a few photos, but not one up close.

BTW, is Bullock's back in business? I'd heard they had some kind of food poisoning scare a little while back.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Thank you kindly Kingwood. I tried to take my time and do a little bit as I went along. It has turned out to be a powerful tractor with that 12 HP Kohler.

I"m hoping I can get many years of satisfaction and use out of it.

You have a great looking tractor too. Is that one of the MTD 990's? I've seen a few photos, but not one up close.

BTW, is Bullock's back in business? I'd heard they had some kind of food poisoning scare a little while back.
Thanks for the compliment. It is a 990 in fact I have two both in pieces. I think Bullocks is open but I am not sure.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you CCAC. It sure took me a long time to find a Cub Cadet for sale in my area. Then, I had to go through the complete restoration including the machine shop engine rebuild.

But, this thing is a tank! It also has plenty of pulling power. I'm happier than a hog in slop with a fat, full belly so to speak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts