My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have some more work ahead of me, but I'm getting there!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I left myself some room to go bigger in the future...:i_praying:smilie_fl:Tractor2:!!

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
Looks Good so Far :thThumbsU
What size is it? 12X20 or is it smaller or Bigger

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks Good so Far :thThumbsU
What size is it? 12X20 or is it smaller or Bigger
You "nailled it"! 12X20!:congrats: Thanks!

I need something large enough for my JD with the snowblower attached, other JD attachments and all of my yard equipment plus a work bench and whatever else comes along. I think this should hold me over for a while!!

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,430 Posts
Nice. Your X500 should be very comfortable there.

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
You "nailled it"! 12X20!:congrats: Thanks!

I need something large enough for my JD with the snowblower attached, other JD attachments and all of my yard equipment plus a work bench and whatever else comes along. I think this should hold me over for a while!!
Have a 12X20 Myself. Lets see In the spring thru Fall I have 3 Deere and 3 Cub Cadet stuffed In It
JD 112
JD 140H3
JD X485
Cub 70
Cub 106
Cub 60
and all My attachments for my X485 Blade and quick Hitch, 42inch Hydraulic tiller and 45 Loader.

In the winter I Have More Room Because My X485 and 106 sit In the Garage
But then My Sabre 1542HS sit's In the shed it's Normally In the Garage with My Simplicity 7016 My Other Tractors are stored In Rubbermaid slid Lid sheds.

But this summer I'm going to add a 3X20 lean to shed One On side On what’s Left Of my cement slab so I can store My walk Behind equipment(get it Out of the Garage) and My attachments for my Cub's and Other Deere’s so there Not Taking up space In the shed.
You'll Probably fill up that shed quickly I Built a 10 X12 foot Loft which gives Me about 3 & 1/2 feet of Clearance below the Rafters to store My Bagger & Power Flows and Other Odd's and ends:thThumbsU

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks nice...no windows?
I thought about some windows and then I pictured myself snowblowing and catching a stone and that stone going through the window! I'm going to install some lights though!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have a 12X20 Myself. Lets see In the spring thru Fall I have 3 Deere and 3 Cub Cadet stuffed In It
JD 112
JD 140H3
JD X485
Cub 70
Cub 106
Cub 60
and all My attachments for my X485 Blade and quick Hitch, 42inch Hydraulic tiller and 45 Loader.

In the winter I Have More Room Because My X485 and 106 sit In the Garage
But then My Sabre 1542HS sit's In the shed it's Normally In the Garage with My Simplicity 7016 My Other Tractors are stored In Rubbermaid slid Lid sheds.

But this summer I'm going to add a 3X20 lean to shed One On side On what’s Left Of my cement slab so I can store My walk Behind equipment(get it Out of the Garage) and My attachments for my Cub's and Other Deere’s so there Not Taking up space In the shed.
You'll Probably fill up that shed quickly I Built a 10 X12 foot Loft which gives Me about 3 & 1/2 feet of Clearance below the Rafters to store My Bagger & Power Flows and Other Odd's and ends:thThumbsU
I like the loft idea and had been thinking about something like that yesterday. How are you supporting it? Just the roof ties?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like there will be room for a fridge, table and chairs for when the buddys come over! Have a few cold ones and talk tractors.
Scott

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very nice. When I bought my place I built a 12x16 barn-style shed thinking that I'd have enough room to do what I wanted. Then I put my yard tools in there. Then my mountain bikes. Riding mower. Then I got my BX and it doesn't fit....

Now I'm thinking in a few years I'll have to re-design and rebuild to fit everything. These things always start off well but fill up fast.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Very nice. When I bought my place I built a 12x16 barn-style shed thinking that I'd have enough room to do what I wanted. Then I put my yard tools in there. Then my mountain bikes. Riding mower. Then I got my BX and it doesn't fit....

Now I'm thinking in a few years I'll have to re-design and rebuild to fit everything. These things always start off well but fill up fast.

Sing it Brother!!! I built a stick framed 1-1/2 story gambrel roof barn with full loft. Two years later it's stuffed to the gills.

·
close enuff works for me
3,149 Posts
Very nice looking framing ,,,,is that a pine branch on the ridge board to show you topped it out? ,,,Now get the deere out of there before a hammer or 2x4 falls on it..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Looks like a nice shed, but your x500 seems lonely in their....
Maybe it's time for you to buy it some friends.

·
Super Moderator
15,491 Posts
Looks good. I just did a 12X16 and wish I would have went with a 12X20. Got my prooperty tax bill in the mail today and it went up $400.00 a year. When I called to find out why they said they discovered there was only an 8X10 shed listed as out buildings. My 24X32 garage had never been on the tax rolls and I had since replaced the 8X10 with two 12X16's. My assesed value for other personal property and outbuildings went from $1000.00 last year to $17,300.00 this year. I guess they caught up with me.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I thought about some windows and then I pictured myself snowblowing and catching a stone and that stone going through the window! I'm going to install some lights though!
Consider some plexiglass bubble skylights. The free light will come in handy.
Nice work, looks great.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice looking framing ,,,,is that a pine branch on the ridge board to show you topped it out? ,,,Now get the deere out of there before a hammer or 2x4 falls on it..
Yes I kept with Norweigian tradition and topped the shed with a Spruce branch! The American Flag on the other end of the ridge is a little higher than the branch.

And yes, right after the picture I pulled the tractor out and parked it safely back in my garage until the shed construction is done!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like a nice shed, but your x500 seems lonely in their....
Maybe it's time for you to buy it some friends.
Yeah! Hopefully people will start stopping by and pay admission to look at my shed and then I might be able to finance some JD "friends" for my X500!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
:Stop:Looks good. One thing you may want to consider given how much snow you can get is to nail some 2 x 4 x 12' across the top tied to your rafters. This will help stop the walls from spreading out when you have 2 feet of wet snow on the roof. Added bonus is you can create some storage space up off the floor.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts