My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I bought the Case 222, unseen! Seller is holding it for me. From feedback and information supplied in this forum I reckon it was worth the chance. GTs are few and far between in Northern Ireland so here goes. Hopefully I'll lift her this week but posted a pic.... She looks clean. Maybe I'm crazy? Reckon I could make a bigger mistake...(apologies, maybe duplicate pics)
Also, think I'll need a bigger shed!
Thanks to all for sharing their experience.
I'll post my own pictures when I lift her.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations! Now the fun can really begin.
Thanks, I've a non running wheel horse, a 1998 craftsman, purchased last month, and now the Case....I think I have the bug! Looking forward to doing a bit of servicing and getting them working in the garden..... And Learning!
Congrats on the new to you Case! Does look like it was well maintained!
Hi. Yes it looks very clean and with them being hard to source in Northern Ireland I thought why not! I'll post some pics when I lift it .

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone always needs a bigger shed. And when it can't get any bigger, you need two. Cal
Lol. Getting my wife to buy into that will be the problem. ;)
Well folks, I bought the Case 222, unseen! Seller is holding it for me. From feedback and information supplied in this forum I reckon it was worth the chance. GTs are few and far between in Northern Ireland so here goes. Hopefully I'll lift her this week but posted a pic.... She looks clean. Maybe I'm crazy? Reckon I could make a bigger mistake...(apologies, maybe duplicate pics)
Also, think I'll need a bigger shed!
Thanks to all for sharing their experience.
I'll post my own pictures when I lift her. View attachment 2551152
👍

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well folks, collected the my new to me garden tractor.
If bought it without seeing it, just a pic... And it turned out that is a CASE 220, not a 222 as decals showed. To be fair to the old gentleman that was selling it this was an oversight. I figured, as I don't know much yet, that the only real difference would be a 10hp kolher and not a 12hp. I hope I'm right!
However, the seller had changed the oil annually, sticker on engine, and walking round his workshop he is meticulous about servicing. He took the deck of annually, cleaned and sprayed with chainsaw bar oil during winter storage. So I did the deal. I hope you guys don't tell me I've made a mistake! I've posted some pics and a short video of her running, don't know if that will upload. I think she sounds sweet.I plan to change hydraulic oil and I would like a hitch for her, to make her work in the vegetable garden, probably have to make as GTs are few and far between in Northern Ireland and it's not easy to find attachments. All advice appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are going to need to change that ball hitch on the rear to possibly a sleeve hitch to take advantage of the many implements for gardening. There just are not that many gardening implements that take a ball without modification.
Yes, he just pulled a wee grass cart. Can a sleeve hitch be made,
It looks like a nice tractor as long as it suits your needs.
Thanks, I need something to mow an acre of paddocks and for that it will be great but would like it to work in the vegetable plot, possibly turnover plough, tiller if I could find one and pull cultivator. Would this tractor be up to that? Probability of finding attachments in Northern Ireland practically zero unfortunately. All advice appreciated. Thanks again

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Curious what you ended up doing ?
Any updates on the sleeve hitch ?
Hi Christopher.
I sourced a lift handle from eBay USA. Plan to make a sleeve hitch, you just can't find parts here. Busy with work, exam time, so probably be July before I can go at it in earnest. But as things go, I picked up a very clean case 220, and the last garden tractor I saw future here was four years ago. So I've gone from having a non running wheel horse to having 3 GT's! I'm not complaining. Have to say I was working out in the yard today and I am delighted with my GT's! I'm looking forward to getting them to work for me in the veg garden. I will post pics of my efforts to make a sleeve hitch or and developments. I am really enjoying this forum. I've posted a pic of my two GT's. My wife says I'm like a child with a new toy and.... She is right!! :) Thanks for the interest.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Riding mower Tractor

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
On the Tractor Data page, it says that either a sleeve hitch came with it or was an option. Perhaps you could get with the seller and see if they know anything, though likely it is gone to the ages. You could put queries out to repair shops and the like.
That's a good idea. Apparently the original seller still deals in garden machinery so worth a call!👍I can't even find one on eBay even in America. If you know anybody who has one and we could cost postage to Northern Ireland I'd even consider. I found detail drawings on the MTF but it's getting time to get at it. I can turn my hand to most things, might be a bit slow but I'd get there. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Did you try contacting the vendor I linked to in your other thread?

Hi. Sorry, yes followed link to site but quoting nearly $600 plus postage and import tax to Northern Ireland probably end up nearly $800. Misunderstanding on my part, I'll drop him an email. Have made another enquiry re one at approx $200 , postage and tax n additional, but no response. Thanks again for your interest. Greatly appreciated. The search continues.

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi. Sorry, yes followed link to site but quoting nearly $600 plus postage and import tax to Northern Ireland probably end up nearly $800. Misunderstanding on my part, I'll drop him an email. Have made another enquiry re one at approx $200 , postage and tax n additional, but no response. Thanks again for your interest. Greatly appreciated. The search continues.
Did you try contacting the vendor I linked to in your other thread?

Hi, bit of a miss understanding on my part, just looked at price. I've dropped them an email to explore options. Thanks again. Appreciated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts