My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I bought the Case 222, unseen! Seller is holding it for me. From feedback and information supplied in this forum I reckon it was worth the chance. GTs are few and far between in Northern Ireland so here goes. Hopefully I'll lift her this week but posted a pic.... She looks clean. Maybe I'm crazy? Reckon I could make a bigger mistake...(apologies, maybe duplicate pics)
Also, think I'll need a bigger shed!
Thanks to all for sharing their experience.
I'll post my own pictures when I lift her.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Congratulations! Now the fun can really begin.

Reactions: Learner

·
Super Moderator
44,743 Posts
Well folks, I bought the Case 222, unseen! Seller is holding it for me. From feedback and information supplied in this forum I reckon it was worth the chance. GTs are few and far between in Northern Ireland so here goes. Hopefully I'll lift her this week but posted a pic.... She looks clean. Maybe I'm crazy? Reckon I could make a bigger mistake...(apologies, maybe duplicate pics)
I'll post my own pictures when I lift her. View attachment 2551152
Congrats on the new to you Case! Does look like it was well maintained!

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations! Now the fun can really begin.
Thanks, I've a non running wheel horse, a 1998 craftsman, purchased last month, and now the Case....I think I have the bug! Looking forward to doing a bit of servicing and getting them working in the garden..... And Learning!
Congrats on the new to you Case! Does look like it was well maintained!
Hi. Yes it looks very clean and with them being hard to source in Northern Ireland I thought why not! I'll post some pics when I lift it .

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Nice! Enjoy it.

Reactions: Learner

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone always needs a bigger shed. And when it can't get any bigger, you need two. Cal
Lol. Getting my wife to buy into that will be the problem. ;)
👍

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I bought my garden tractor that way. Saw it online bought it and had it shipped. Turned out to be a great decision. Still using mine 12 years later. I'll bet you have the same reaction when you get your hands on the one you bought. A Case will last a long time.

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well folks, collected the my new to me garden tractor.
If bought it without seeing it, just a pic... And it turned out that is a CASE 220, not a 222 as decals showed. To be fair to the old gentleman that was selling it this was an oversight. I figured, as I don't know much yet, that the only real difference would be a 10hp kolher and not a 12hp. I hope I'm right!
However, the seller had changed the oil annually, sticker on engine, and walking round his workshop he is meticulous about servicing. He took the deck of annually, cleaned and sprayed with chainsaw bar oil during winter storage. So I did the deal. I hope you guys don't tell me I've made a mistake! I've posted some pics and a short video of her running, don't know if that will upload. I think she sounds sweet.I plan to change hydraulic oil and I would like a hitch for her, to make her work in the vegetable garden, probably have to make as GTs are few and far between in Northern Ireland and it's not easy to find attachments. All advice appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
You are going to need to change that ball hitch on the rear to possibly a sleeve hitch to take advantage of the many implements for gardening. There just are not that many gardening implements that take a ball without modification.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It looks like a nice tractor as long as it suits your needs.

·
Registered
Craftsman GT, Case 220
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are going to need to change that ball hitch on the rear to possibly a sleeve hitch to take advantage of the many implements for gardening. There just are not that many gardening implements that take a ball without modification.
Yes, he just pulled a wee grass cart. Can a sleeve hitch be made,
It looks like a nice tractor as long as it suits your needs.
Thanks, I need something to mow an acre of paddocks and for that it will be great but would like it to work in the vegetable plot, possibly turnover plough, tiller if I could find one and pull cultivator. Would this tractor be up to that? Probability of finding attachments in Northern Ireland practically zero unfortunately. All advice appreciated. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Looks nice!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts