My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some implements today, all for $100.00. They are all in good useable shape. First up I got a new style rotary plow......

Then there is a nice sickle bar

And finally a tool holder bar with a dozer blade. Anyone know if the blade is gravely or something somebody made?? It has gravely paint on the back of it in places, so I don't know.

Anyway, I also got an old antique craftsman push mower and a part of a firestone riding mower, which will be posted in the appropriate groups.

Finally, what do I have to do with the new style plow to use it on my old style tractor?? I have a 5260, but it is set up to use the implements that have a clutch on them.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gravely made a blade for them. And they are rare.
Cool, maybe it is one. It looks like it was made in a factory and not something cobbled together. I can see it will be handy to have it around. Any idea what I need to get to make the new rotary plow work with my old stuf?? Do they make some kind of adaptor?

Andy

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
You need to get a quick hitch to use new style attachments. Make sure you get the one that has the clutch built in. Or trade it to someone that has a 4 bolt one. You made a really nice buy on the package, the dozer blade is rare, and the quick hitch plow is nice to have. Ed

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
You need to get a quick hitch to use new style attachments. Make sure you get the one that has the clutch built in. Or trade it to someone that has a 4 bolt one. You made a really nice buy on the package, the dozer blade is rare, and the quick hitch plow is nice to have. Ed
You also need an attachment dog gear.

That little scraper blade is nice, and rare too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, if I have to get a quick hitch and a dog gear, it might just be easier to see if I can find someone to trade with for the older style. I guess I will keep my eyes open for the parts or a trade. I want two plow gears so I can leave my rotary cultivator bolted to one and not have to disassemble it to plow.

Can't wait to give the little dozer blade a try. Since it is rare, I will have to be easy on it, but it looks like it could be handy for my shop driveway <grins>

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Well, if I have to get a quick hitch and a dog gear, it might just be easier to see if I can find someone to trade with for the older style. I guess I will keep my eyes open for the parts or a trade. I want two plow gears so I can leave my rotary cultivator bolted to one and not have to disassemble it to plow.

Can't wait to give the little dozer blade a try. Since it is rare, I will have to be easy on it, but it looks like it could be handy for my shop driveway <grins>
Are you going to the show in Tenn. There might be what you need there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to the show in Tenn. There might be what you need there.
I am still working on the boss as to if I am going to be able to make that trip or not....:fing20: I am hoping to, but nothing for sure yet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or depending on where you live in SC, one might find its way closeby.
I live in North Augusta, which is just across the Savannah River from Augusta, GA and about 1 hour west of Columbia SC

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts

Here is a picture I had on file of another blade like yours to compare it too.
Keep your eye out for a regular dozer blade, they are very heavy duty and fairly cheap. I've seen them sell for $30.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I always thought it might be worth trying to replace the row marker wheels with solid rubber ones and make a mini-grader using the toolholder blade. I don't know how well it would work without swiveling on those wheels, but it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a picture I had on file of another blade like yours to compare it too.
Keep your eye out for a regular dozer blade, they are very heavy duty and fairly cheap. I've seen them sell for $30.
Yup, that is just like mine!!! I have been looking for a regular dozer blade, but they are not too common around here since we rarely have any snow to plow.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Nice find! It's fun to find Gravely lots further south than most appear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice. Please post how you like the rotary plow. I've had my feelers out for one for my 1954 L but nothing so far. I have no experience using one but it looks like the cat's meow. Great score.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Yup, that is just like mine!!! I have been looking for a regular dozer blade, but they are not too common around here since we rarely have any snow to plow.
I was wondering about how common dozer blades were further South. I'm down to about 5 and could probably part with a couple. I was thinking about loading one or two on the truck. They are good for more than just snow.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I have one and love it.

The thing to remember is that you let the tractor do the work. The second that you try to make the tractor go in a direction that it doesn't want to, it will remind you of who is the boss and make you pay.

I have found that the front gauge wheels need to be offset slightly so that the right wheel is shifted to the left so that it catches in the forrow that was created on the last pass. This will, for the most part, keep the plow in a straight line.

In short, I love the plow and wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice find! It's fun to find Gravely lots further south than most appear.
I know, they are not too easy to find down here!!! Most folks have never even heard of one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was wondering about how common dozer blades were further South. I'm down to about 5 and could probably part with a couple. I was thinking about loading one or two on the truck. They are good for more than just snow.
Not common at all :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts