My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a LawnBoy 7086 (1978) that I got from my favorite lawnmower scrap dealer. It was missing the saddle-style gas tank that sits on-top of the shroud. I had an old commercial gas tank in my stock of scrap parts. I added this, and outside of the lack of engine guards, it is pretty-much like a Commercial model of the pre-compliance period. The engine was froze up. I got it freed up and replaced the piston and rings, rebuilt the carb, found various missing pieces such as the on/off switch, the primer, and the flywheel plastic guard. It starts on the first pull. Oh, and new wheels too. The old wheels were very wobbly. I didn't spend big bucks looking for LawnBoy wheels, just good servicable wheels from my local hardware store.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Phototone, that's an interesting build! I realize that some really knowledgeable folks who post on MTF have restored some old Lawn Boys that would make nice museum pieces. But to me there's something cool about taking a junk mower and getting it back in service with the parts that you have on hand. Ok so yes, I like frankenmowers,,,,

·
5,268 Posts
That looks really nice! Also a good fix for that style mower when the tabs break off on the top mount gas tank. I probably should have kept my 19" version of that mower and done something similar. Looks like you could us the two piece decal set for the engine cover. Contact RSMotorsports. They can hook you up. Bill

https://www.graveyardmowerz.com/product-page/lawn-boy-solid-stae-power

1 - 4 of 4 Posts