My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm gonna hafta give up some of my mowing so one of my twins can take it over...Makes me sad in a way but in a way its about time.....:bannana:

He has been helping me off and on for a year or so but now he wants it all to himself so I let him have it. He'll do our yard then out neighbors. Its a good start.

Its been a slow time for me when it comes to mowers....so I thought you all could see my son in action with "his 10515" and "MY 22040" I hope he doesn't get too attached to that 22040 :biglaugh:

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Those pics take me back to about 1948 and the first time behind a REO reel mower.:) Great shots of kids learning important solid stuff that will last them a lifetime!

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Wait a minute - you're in Kansas, but I see trees in your yard. LOL

That's a good looking boy you got there. My 7 year old is wanting to start using the mower as well.

Dang HH, I was going to say you're old, but I was pushing that reel mower in the 60's, listening to Hank Williams on my dad's AM radio.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:eek:mg: Looks like you lost that job!:bannana: Now you can pick up another one to keep you busy.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Nice to see more "young guns" mowing! Speaking of mowing- would it be wrong to replace my Toro with a commercial bricktop for heavy mowing and light commercial duty? I mean the bricktop is commercial and that was its purpose when made.....

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Nice Toro you got there Indy, I bet your kid likes that one. Also, I think you could Wolf, thats what mowers were designed for and lawnboys do a good job at it.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Just thinking about the percentage of high school aged kids there are now that wouldn't even know how to start a mower.... let alone use one properly.
Yeah, no "Enter" button or "interactive glasses" on mowers... (Yet!):ROF

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the nice comments. He really enjoys working with me. Up next is the string trimmer. That one is a bit more tricky for these youngsters to master.

Neal

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Up next is the string trimmer. That one is a bit more tricky for these youngsters to master.
I'm sure glad I was an adult when I used one for the first time. Nobody dared yell at me about that damage to the hostas and that drain pipe thing!:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
the next thing you'll know he'll be wanting the keys to that truck!! Enjoy the time that he likes to help.... for some, the job grows tiresome after a few years when their minds turn to the trucks and girls!!

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Good job, Indy. Looks like he's really getting down to business.

I helped my kids get mowing jobs at about that age. Lasted 'til school got pretty hectic, then I got them back...

Have fun. He'll grow up way too soon.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice to see more "young guns" mowing! Speaking of mowing- would it be wrong to replace my Toro with a commercial bricktop for heavy mowing and light commercial duty? I mean the bricktop is commercial and that was its purpose when made.....

Wrong? I wouldn't do it but that doesn't make it wrong.

I had my four year old son try out my 10550 the other day. I was holding on to the mower of course and he was pretty much getting dragged behind it. He loved it.

-Dave

·
World's Slowest Restorer
141 Posts
i'd hire 'em, can you get them to Ontario for the summer?

·
2 strokes forever!
471 Posts
Loved the story and the pics! My almost 8 yr old daughter is itching to learn to mow but young grasshoppers must have the tutorial first! She'll also be behind a 10515 soon which I really love. Nice lawn too, BTW! :congrats:

·
Lawnboy Green
633 Posts
Great Pics Indy! Your blessed for sure.

Best wishes,
Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts