My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. I am a new member to this site but have been reading a lot of info on here because I have been thinking of getting a small tractor for a while now.
For a long time I was really leaning toward getting the new John Deere 100 series until I actually saw one in person and had a chance to really check it out. Needless to say I was not very impressed with the quality of build. The tractor felt cheap and flimsy and I actually felt like I was on a garden tractor with a loader when on it. So after the salesman talked it up for a while and put some numbers together for me for the TLB setup with a 47 inch snowblower I couldn't believe how much more it was then the BX25. I'm talking almost $5000.
So I went home and thought about it some more and sat on this site for many hours researching and reading and finally decided to check out the Kubota BX25.
All I have to say is WOW!!. I'm not trying to suck up to the kubota crew but they are build far superior then the new Deere and you can't beat the price. The tractor felt like a mini Big tractor if that makes any sense. Everything seemed heavier built and the color just sets it off. Lol
So tomorrow I am getting my brand new BX25 delivered with the new 55" commercial grade snowblower with hydraulic controls. The tractor was bought to do about 10 or so driveways around my community so far and to be worked for small to medium landscaping duties. I have 2 acres to maintain at my house as well. I will likely get a few more driveways for the winter once people see me out with it and once I can make up some new flyers and cards.
I'm so excited I likely won't be able to sleep tonight.

Oh and as for the pricing.... Tractor TLB $16250 and the blower was $4800 installed and ready to be hooked up when the snow flies. It also comes with the 3-point hitch.
The salesman said that I would be far better off with the commercial grade 55" blower simply because I am aiming to make a part time job with it and also because most of the driveways are 700 ft or more. He said that the 50" wouldn't hold up too long for that much and that heavy of use, he said it is great for personal use but didn't recommend it for my situation.

I also want to thank everyone on this great site for helping me with my decision.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Congrats! That is a nice set-up you got, at a good price too!

I'm not familiar with the 55" commercial blower. Hopefully you will show us some photos when it arrives, including the hydraulic controls!

And, Welcome to MTF!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply UrbanTractor. I will be taking a few fresh pics when it gets here for sure. I'm not sure on the hydraulics but I think it works with the FEL controls. The 55" is fairly new as I'm told, I have been looking all over to find a BX25 with one mounted but haven't had any luck. I felt like it was a good deal as well. I did think that the blower was a little high but after seeing it in the shop it is a big HD blower and seems to be a lot more HD than the 50".

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard 2011bx25guy. You've done the hard part and now you've got to wait to tomorrow, man, it's gonna be a long night :D

You should be very happy w/the BX25 and I highly doubt you'll have buyers remorse. It's a solid well built machine that'll work hard for you everytime you start it up. Right out of the box it looks like you've covered the bases but theres more implements to add too. It'll never end. :D

Looking fwd to pics and war stories :D

Dave

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Congrats and good luck with the new "Orange"! I'm a Greener who is looking real hard at the TLB series of both colors. Looking forward with the rest for more info and eye candy!:)

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Conrats and were looking forward to some pics of it and a review. I'm really interested in seeing some photos of the new 55" blower and what makes it that much more HD than the 50". slkpk

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Conrats and were looking forward to some pics of it and a review. I'm really interested in seeing some photos of the new 55" blower and what makes it that much more HD than the 50". slkpk
Ditto. I haven't been able to find anything about a new 55" blower on the Kubota website. It sounds like a beast.

Kubota offers some beefier front blowers for the B series, that use a larger 18" fan (vice 16"), but none of them measure out at 55". It would be nice to see a "commercial" grade blower for the BX that uses the larger fan.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is a great purchase. When my BX25 was delivered, I stared at it for 3 days before I was willing to get it dirty! Welcome to the club.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,029 Posts
:MTF_wel2: BXguy and congrats on the new toy. I too would like to see that 55" blower. Now you just need a cab and portable heater and you will be good to go. Good luck with it. :wwp:

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Okay guys, I found a link to 2011Bx25Guy's new 55" blower. It is model BX2755HD. It's not shown on the Kubota-U.S. website, but Kubota-Canada has it as an option:

55" BX Commercial Blower

·
15,029 Posts
Only 5" wider than the 2750D but in the photo it looks huge. Thanks UT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the reply's guy's. So far I didn't really get a chance to take any pics yet. I will get some tomorrow for sure. I was way to busy playing with it and getting use to the little beast.
As for the blower, from what I was told the big difference is the gauge of steel for the construction and that it is all gear driven (No chains). I can tell you this though. It is a heavy beast. I'm not sure on the figures for the weight but it has to be 300lbs plus without the lift and quick hitch attached.
The guy that delivered it walked me through a very quick install procedure and it seems fairly simple.
About 2 minutes after the delivery truck pulled away I was digging with the BH and moving dirt from a few piles I have sitting around to fill in some low spots in the yard. I moved a few large rocks that where in the piles and one was covered up pretty good and when I lifted it out with the loader I was very happy with what I saw. It was the size of a common armor stone that I will be using for landscaping. It lifted it with ease. This was something I was very curious about because that will be a common duty for this machine. So far I am very impressed with this machine and can't wait to work it some more. I already landed two solid days of work for it this weekend just down the road from my house. This thing is already paying for itself.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I found out that my wife snapped a few pics when I wasn't looking. This is my first time posting a pic so it might not work, but here it is and the last one is of my 90 year old grandfather sitting on the BX. That guy can out work most of my friends and he never stops. A true inspiration to me my whole life.

Attachments

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,846 Posts
Welcome to the BX25 club, and congratulations! I've had mine for close to a year now, and have never been disappointed. All the best with your new machine and thanks for the pics!

·
Passed Away, Sept. 2013
183 Posts
Man, you and grampa both made that BX look so good, I had to go out to the garage and give my BX1860 a pat on the (solid metal) fender . Like Tiretrx, I've had mine for coming up to a year and all the surprises have been pleasant ones...more machine than I expected. Very much appreciated your comments in your initiating message. Enjoy!!

Bryan

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congrat's on your new addition to the family. I've been wanting to take a look at the new JD 1000 series machines myself but have yet to see one on a local dealer lot. I have been reading the reviews and there does seem to be a lot of negative comments on the plastic body panels.

Anyway, you're going to love that BX25. Looks like you use something else to mow as you didn't mention getting a MMM for it? I find it's easier to mow with my old garden tractor (that I was originally going to trade in on the BX - glad I didn't) rather than convert the TLB to a mower and then back. Also, would love to see some close up pic's of that 55" blower when you get the chance.

·
15,029 Posts
Thanks for the photos. Your BX is looking good as is your Grandad. Nice lakefront property too. You will find many more tasks for the BX. :thThumbsU

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Great photos, nice property!!

...The 55" is fairly new as I'm told, I have been looking all over to find a BX25 with one mounted but haven't had any luck....
In case you haven't taken delivery of the blower yet, I came across some photos of the 2755HD mounted on a BX2360:

2755HD Blower

1 - 20 of 53 Posts