My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MTFers. I picked up this blade that I posted a few days back here. $100 and DELIVERED!! I cant be any happier.. it fits my 330, but I will be adding a lift cylinder to it in the coming months, along with a steel blade to replace the Rubber one it has now. any Northerners need a Rubber blade? trade ya for a steel one! Im in Texas, and dont need the rubber blade. It is same as new..

·
Registered
258 Posts
You made a great deal/steal!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The blade is in front of the rubber. Unbolt all the bolts and remove the rubber and add back the blade with the bolts.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,097 Posts
What 5isalive said.

While it's off, wire brush it and paint it black before you put it back on, it will look same as new. Now, this northerner would love a rubber blade to try. I made one out of baler belt last year but it only lasted about 6 snow clearings.

See my cutter bar fronting my attempted rubber edge:

·
Registered
901 Posts
What 5isalive said.
I made one out of baler belt last year but it only lasted about 6 snow clearings.
That's funny Jere,only made 6 clearings? Geez Jere, isn't your drive way like 5 miles long?! :ROF

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
What 5isalive said.

While it's off, wire brush it and paint it black before you put it back on, it will look same as new. Now, this northerner would love a rubber blade to try. I made one out of baler belt last year but it only lasted about 6 snow clearings.

See my cutter bar fronting my attempted rubber edge:

Jere, get the one jgj has. It appears to be JD factory and HH's JD factory one has lasted him for years.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup it it is factory and ready to send north for whoever needs it most!! I cant use it.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,097 Posts
Yup it it is factory and ready to send north for whoever needs it most!! I cant use it.
I looked again at your pictures, and I assume the Model number indicates it is a 43" blade, and mine is a 54" blade. Sorry, but I'm sure there are other folks interested.

BTW, the plow looks to be in great shape, should serve you well no matter what you are pushing.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,097 Posts
That's funny Jere,only made 6 clearings? Geez Jere, isn't your drive way like 5 miles long?! :ROF
I've got to start combining my quote replies, but my driveway is long, though not quite 5 miles, and that certainly didn't help my duty cycle experience on my home made rubber edge. I liked the super clean results of the rubber edge, guess I'll have to bite the bullet and invest in a more substantial solution.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I'm going to try the rubber horse mat from TSC and see how that works out. slkpk

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm going to try the rubber horse mat from TSC and see how that works out. slkpk
:ditto: This is what I did last winter and it's got plenty of life left in it for this winter. And I plowed a lot of driveway and sidewalk with it too!:fing32:

Not even the rough concrete surface of my culdesac put much wear on it. At the pace it's wearing I may never use up the entire mat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts