machine ready for a wash. easy to clean underneath with it jacked up some.
** if you dont have much experience i dont recommend doing this because it can be dangerous if you dont know your controls well**
no that was a 648 and by the time i went back there to make an offer it was gone. im not sure if he sold it or it is in one of the sea containers they use as sheds. When i plow this winter ill be looking for it again.
I put a wanted ad on craigslist for a small backhoe. I got emails on a 646, this 6018 and a dig-it. I looked at the 646 and it was in bad shape. he wouldnt move from 2500 so i let it go. I asked the guy a few questions about the dig-it and he never responded. So that left me with the 6018. It was slightly beyond my budget so i sold a quad i had and went to get it.
The backhoe is strong and well matched for this size machine. I need to check out the bananna plate and see if its worn or out of adjustment. The previous owner replaced a ball joint under there and its weak forward and strong in reverse.
When i first brought the machine home i greased every fitting that would take it. I had no luck with any of the bucket fittings.
Today i was able to find out why. The previous owner had put bushings in the linkage and stick to tighten the machine up. The hole was never drilled through for the grease to get to the pin. I just drilled through the bushing and installed new grease fittings. While i had the 12" bucket off i swapped over to the smaller 9" bucket
I still have a lot i want to fix on the machine so im just going to do a little at a time. The banana plate and associated parts will probably be next. I also want to weld on a new cutting edge on the front bucket and tighted up the stabilizers.
Since my last post i welded up the banana plate to take some play out of it and get some forward travel. I have a new plate and follower on order with Mr Hildreth along with some seals for a few cylinders. I had 4 new hoses made for the loader since i blew one 2 weeks ago.