My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been searching for a couple of months for a pushing/pulling project tractor. I finally got to bring something home. The CL ad described this as having a strong running motor, leaking steering cylinder, missing fan belt, no battery and a wire being mouse chewed.

Well the motor did fire right up and sounded good, but we'll have to wait and see if its strong. You could just tell it had been sitting in shed/barn for a good long while.
IMG_20130506_194423_249 (Mobile).jpg

IMG_20130506_194456_781 (Mobile).jpg

Apparently the mice move out because they ran out of room.
So I spent way to long using the shop vac trying to clean out the mouse hotel from the top side. It was starting to really loose suction and I knew there had to be a better way.
IMG_20130508_213741_847 (Mobile).jpg

So I spend some more time looking around on here and looking at the frame on jdparts and discover what I thought was a solid plate on the bottom side was a removable screen/cover. duh.

I put jack stands to hold it up while I removed the screws. Had to get the wife to remove the stands while I was holding it up. I'm sure a lot of you have seen this before.:thSick:
IMG_20130510_204650_759 (Mobile).jpg
IMG_20130510_204848_990 (Mobile).jpg

I then start poking around with a screw driver, and get this results.
IMG_20130510_211317_507 (Mobile).jpg

I finally got to see that hydraulic filter I had been looking for.

So the next day was spent with a hose and degreaser just to get the stench off the machine.

I'm will be spending as much on parts and fluids as I did on the tractor just to see if it's a workable machine. Wish me luck.

I'll have some question in my next post.

Attachments

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
:goodl:

I'd love to have a 332, but not sure the mouse motel would appeal to me.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
:goodl:

I'd love to have a 332, but not sure the mouse motel would appeal to me.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
If all you spent on the machine was what you will have in fluids and belts I would say you got a smoken deal on a 332. The mouse hotel well uhh I guess it could be worse the could have still lived there lol. Then not only do you get to clean up the mower but try to evict the little basta** s from the shop as they run from the screwdriver :dunno: good luck and nice tractor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front left hinge bracket is pulled away from the hood.
What is the best way to "glue" this back in place?

The mice chewed off the alternator wire right next to the connector.
They also did some chewing up close to where the wires run into the alternator. Any advice on removing the stator from the plate?
IMG_20130512_183528_603 (Mobile).jpg

There is about 1 inch of travel until the spring on the brakes make contact.
Is this normal?
IMG_20130508_214420_899 (Mobile).jpg

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If all you spent on the machine was what you will have in fluids and belts I would say you got a smoken deal on a 332. The mouse hotel well uhh I guess it could be worse the could have still lived there lol. Then not only do you get to clean up the mower but try to evict the little basta** s from the shop as they run from the screwdriver :dunno: good luck and nice tractor.
Well I had to go ahead and buy a steering cylinder.
It leaked so bad I didn't think I could get by without it.
Battery and lots of screws and such.

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
The alternator is probably bad anyway. The fan belt is connected to the alternator as well, so as long as the belt has been broken, the tractor hasn't been charging.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The alternator is probably bad anyway. The fan belt is connected to the alternator as well, so as long as the belt has been broken, the tractor hasn't been charging.
I'm not sure I follow you on this Diesel332. It spins freely and seems to be in good shape other than the chewed wires. Why would you think it is bad?

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Congrats on the new to you 332 :fing32:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts