My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new hitch. What do you think?

When I put the 3PH on I then had trouble pulling my fertilizer spreader. It was too close and the 3PH arms would hit the fertilizer spreader handle. If I pulled it with my 3PH - it was too far away to reach the no/off handle.

Iphone Pics 012 (sm).JPG

Iphone Pics 014 (sm).JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more pictures of it working last weekend.

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

·
Registered
317 Posts
:fing32::fing32: up on that mod, nice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does your spreader have hydraulic lift? If so would you mind posting some pictures of your design? :thanku:
P. S. Your hitch looks great!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had a old reese hitch that I cut up , and did the same thing too, Only i bolted mine on top of the factory hitch plate, I hooked up to my 16ft tandem axle cargo trailer that was empty, and moved it around the yard. When I stopped, that plate was bent all the way to the ground. Hope yours works better than mine.
[/IMG]

I just ran out to the garage and took these pictures, I do not have this mounted anymore,

·
Super Moderator
32,820 Posts
Nice hitch and it seems to work good for you! Great idea, I have tried my spreader since I put the 3 pt on and I bet it's the same, I won't be able to reach the handle to open the hopper!

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the aerator is hyd lift. I will take a couple pictures of what I made when I get a chance. I made it so it will work with or without the cylinder. With the handle put back it works a lock up in the raised position.

It is so nice to use with the hyd lift.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That is what i plan on doing with mine too. I have a 48" brinly aerator. The pictures of your design will be perfect I'm sure. :fing32:

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a old reese hitch that I cut up , and did the same thing too, Only i bolted mine on top of the factory hitch plate, I hooked up to my 16ft tandem axle cargo trailer that was empty, and moved it around the yard. When I stopped, that plate was bent all the way to the ground. Hope yours works better than mine.
[/IMG]

I just ran out to the garage and took these pictures, I do not have this mounted anymore,
That doesn't surprise me. When I toe big trailers, I use the 3PH. It is build for heavy stuff. These hitch extend the weight to far back to carry heavy things. That is why the factory hitch is so short. Close to mounting bolts - can carry more. This is works great for aerators, spreaders, and small trailers.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
I like that alot great job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts