My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Looking good scrivy69.

I'm sure you're already looking for things to fill it up with once you're got it completed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its stick built isnt it versus the subject line saying its post frame? At any rate nice shop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JayClay I have an electrician coming Saturday to wire the garage I will have a 100 amp service installed, 20 amp outlets every 8 feet, (2) 220 v outlets one for welder and 1 for down the road thing maybe for heat still unsure about lights. Since it is 30' x 30' I would like to have 3 4 foot fluorescent on each truss bottom that would be 21 total. still not sure what kind yet. I will insulate the walls myself probably with R-13 kraft insulation. the roof has that single bubble insulation and I will probably increase that with rigid board insulation later down the road.

D-Dogg as pictured in this forum now I have $13500 in it right now & I have not touched a thing. the crew that built the building did the concrete and all. I talked to the electrician on the phone yesterday and it looks like about $1100 to wire it with the lights,outlets, 220 etc. I hope this is a good price

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Scrivy, I got a quote for a 28x32, two garage doors, $38K without the flatwork, so I'd say you're doing alright.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Very nice. Boy could I put that building to use.

·
Registered
421 Posts
That looks so awesome and gets me real excited about my 28x32 I have in the planning stages now. That sounds like a good price as well. Mine is going to have asphalt roof and vinyl siding to match the house and I have a good bit more concrete for the apron and extended to the current drive which drove the price to $18,500. I went with a 16' door since I'm going to use it as a 2 car garage as well.
I could have saved $3,000 by going with metal sides and roof but it's so close to the house that we wanted it to match.
Looks great!

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
I (my family and a good friend) built a 30x40 stick built last year and finished it this spring. I have $9500 in it at this time. I did not put concrete on the floor. The older I get the worse concrete is on my feet and legs. I put crushed limestone down and compated it. Ypurs looks nice witht the floor in concrete. I have a 10' 4" ceiling how tall is yours. I will post pictures of mine later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hamman wrote
I (my family and a good friend) built a 30x40 stick built last year and finished it this spring. I have $9500 in it at this time. I did not put concrete on the floor. The older I get the worse concrete is on my feet and legs. I put crushed limestone down and compated it. Ypurs looks nice witht the floor in concrete. I have a 10' 4" ceiling how tall is yours. I will post pictures of mine later
hamman my building is 10 feet tall

·
Registered
250 Posts
Very well built and good looking shop, it's gonna serve you well for a long long time.:fing32:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts