My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bobcat, I really like it, my 66 ford 4400 backhoe stripped the spline on the torque limiting clutch and I decided to sell it, not having a machine around was terrible, so a deal came along and I traded 2 40ft shipping containers for the bobcat with a standard bucket, four in one bucket with teeth, pallet forks and a backhoe attachment, the bobcat had sat for 6 years outside with chicken **** mixed with sawdust all over it, the standard bucket has the bottom rusted through in a few places, that's an easy fix, the belts had gone hard and all need to be replaced, I have done the alternator belt, I have a new pump belt as the old one is down to two Vs out of three and the fan belt is working but worn thin, the fuel pickup line has fallen into the tank and I have to keep the fuel up the filler neck to keep it going and some place fuel is leaking out, I figure those rubber bungs where the fuel line goes into the top of the tank, it has one new tire and rim, the other tires are good but the rims are really rusted, when I replaced the alternator belt I couldn't get it to pivot, the lower bolt is stuck, I just put the belt on and bumped the starter and put the belt on that way, can you tell i'm excited...lol...so I have some projects ahead, the first will be the fuel pickup/leaking issue, i'm trying to think up a better system for the rubber bung, i'm thinking maybe open up the hole to one inch and install an expanding bung with hole in the middle to thread the pickup line into, just thinking for now, the machine is just for me and as of now i'm not working it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts