My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my snow blade off the Green Machine, getting ready to sell it. Leftyclick, from Alabama, had contacted me earlier just before I had my knee surgery, and I promised he had first dibs on it when I took it off.

I wanted to show it by itself for anyone that was interested that might want to save the photo of it for reference, etc. i have a pdf format installation manual that I got when I was trying to find that info. The link that I used to have for the instructions, was at Briggs website. I had that link in my original thread of when I was trying to understand how to install it, has now become a dead link. So I'm glad I downloaded it to my computer and had it still.

Anyway, here are my shots of it ........

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
are you still here Hankll? can you please provide the pdf installation manual for the murray 24478 plow? thank you jim

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Logboy, I don't know.. let me see if I saved it somewhere in my archival area of my laptop.
I'll try to find it..... But have you done a search online to see if it might be available anywhere. I will look for it alhhough since I posted this thread, I retired and moved... What I might have had as a paper copy, could be stashed in a box somewhere. No clue about it now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
good morning or afternoon Hankll and thank you for getting back to me. I just bought this used snow plow and all of the on-line research regarding installation lead me to you.i probably doesn't help that i'm mounting this on a Ford LGT 165. out of the 3 mounting spots the plow has, the easiest was the back, then the middle but the front U shaped bracket is complex. i did manage to "Jed Clampet" something up with a block of wood and a big C-clamp...ha ha. i had to move on to another project, but if you were to find the installation instructions, that would be much appreciated. thank you Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
good morning or afternoon Hankll and thank you for getting back to me. I just bought this used snow plow and all of the on-line research regarding installation lead me to you.i probably doesn't help that i'm mounting this on a Ford LGT 165. out of the 3 mounting spots the plow has, the easiest was the back, then the middle but the front U shaped bracket is complex. i did manage to "Jed Clampet" something up with a block of wood and a big C-clamp...ha ha. i had to move on to another project, but if you were to find the installation instructions, that would be much appreciated. thank you Jim

I was able to retrieve the manual using the wayback machine. Now I'm on to figure out how to attach this thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey Erocks, you are totally dating yourself by using the "way back machine". sure put a smile on my face thank you and thank you for that installation manual. looks like the top stabilizer bracket is not really used. i didn't see it used in that manual. Anyway, i did spend an afternoon doing this and that and did get it mounted, only to take it off... the back end mounting was in the way of the 3 point hitch i'm building.thank you again jim in north van

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts