My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice!!! I love to eat them things. We found just enough to make a couple messes this year. Not near as many as you found.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I ended up doing OK .... picked a 5 gallon bucket full one day, they were mostly yellow's with a few grays. I gave them all away, I don't care for the taste of the sponge and never found very many "arrowhead" mushrooms. I think they have a milder taste and I would rather have my mushrooms crispy .... Nice deer shed, looks like you got it before anything could gnaw it up, but you could have left out the pic of the snake. Welcome to MTF and have a good Memorial day weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up doing OK .... picked a 5 gallon bucket full one day, they were mostly yellow's with a few grays. I gave them all away, I don't care for the taste of the sponge and never found very many "arrowhead" mushrooms. I think they have a milder taste and I would rather have my mushrooms crispy .... Nice deer shed, looks like you got it before anything could gnaw it up, but you could have left out the pic of the snake. Welcome to MTF and have a good Memorial day weekend.
I take it it dont like snakes either :) my son took this pic Im not fond of them myself,I stayed back.

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
I never ate morels before. Then this spring about a dozen came up in my front yard. The recipes on the internet said to dust them w/ flour and saute in butter. Well, the flavor was about like flour cooked in butter. No biggie!

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
I never ate morels before. Then this spring about a dozen came up in my front yard. The recipes on the internet said to dust them w/ flour and saute in butter. Well, the flavor was about like flour cooked in butter. No biggie!
Most folks around here just saute them in butter. I'm not a fan of mushrooms PERIOD! Can't get into eating FUNGI! :ROF

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah out of the 900 I found I had about 20 of them.I just like being outdoors and the excitement of finding a new patch of them.Its a great thing to do with your kids/family.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I saw a bunch in the hills across from my house. Told some fellas from work to come by and take what they wanted. My wife could have killed me. She wanted them.........but never spoke up.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Not too many here this year either, weather wasn't right. These boyz 'round here are nuts!! Mushroom "hot spots" aren't told to anybody. They mostly sell them to local resteraunts for about $45.00 a-gallon.

·
10,680 Posts
Bump!

Harvest time around here. Only found 3 on my property here this year, but my boss picked a 5 gallon pail full at work on the jobsite. He divied them up with those who wanted some. So tonight I will have some for the first time this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts