My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My Wife and I just bought an 11 acre property Coopersburg PA.

We plan to turn it into a small Alpaca farm.

The property came with a few machines and attachments etc. The largest being an M5700 with just over 600 hours in it.

I got out the owners manual and figured out how to operate the Kubota a few days ago. So far, I really like this machine.

I plan to add a third function and a grapple bucket right away. Also a snow plow and a set of pallet forks. It already has an older ATI skid steer quick attach. After that, I’m just going to use it and see what else I’ll need.

Anyway, I’ll be on here, most likely asking dumb questions... so I figured I’d might as well introduce myself. I’m Tim.

·
10,395 Posts
Welcome, Tim. Here in Minnesota, our Kubota’s are very similar. Our livestock trailers are a wee bit larger than yours and our alpaca’s are bigger, bushier, and don’t have designer clothing.

·
Professional Homeowner
7,174 Posts
After 3rd function hydraulic valve on the loader, about the only thing you might still want is rear hydraulic remotes. I need third function hydraulic and skid steer quick attach for my machine. Everyone does.

That tractor is big overkill for an 11 acre property. I love it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After 3rd function hydraulic valve on the loader, about the only thing you might still want is rear hydraulic remotes. I need third function hydraulic and skid steer quick attach for my machine. Everyone does.

Oh yeah, I know it is lol. But it’s already here. I actually considered selling the Kubota and buying a smaller, new, machine. But I figured in the end, it would just cost me money to end up with a less capable tractor. And this one is in such great condition.

Plus, this one has a cab. I don’t think I’d be able to bring myself to pay for a cab if I were to buy a tractor...

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
It is going to save you a lot of time and effort but keep in mind the risk of working above ground level and with objects overhead, be it in lifting or power lines.

CCMoe

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
246 Posts

wanna bet?
we run a 65 hp utility tractor on our 7 acres.... lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha! You guys are great.

I just ordered a third function valve “kit”from everything attachments.

I was considering just running off of the rear remotes, but I know it would irritate me...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I’m doing all of the maintenance on the M5700 right now.

This grease fitting is not in the manual, but it’s a zerk so I started pumping geese into it.

Half a tube later and nothing coming out.

What’s the deal here? Am I missing something?

·
Professional Homeowner
7,174 Posts
YES.
The excess grease is making its way through your front drive shaft cover, and into your bell housing. Eventually it will contaminate your clutch.
A pump or two every so often is all mine gets, and it made it 3/4 of the way to the bell housing inside of a year.

Heads up- there’s another fitting in front of the axle on the opposite side. I often lift the front of the machine with the loader to get grease on the pin where there’s normally contact with the axle... part of my anal retentiveness.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YES.
The excess grease is making its way through your front drive shaft cover, and into your bell housing. Eventually it will contaminate your clutch.
A pump or two every so often is all mine gets, and it made it 3/4 of the way to the bell housing inside of a year.

Heads up- there’s another fitting in front of the axle on the opposite side. I often lift the front of the machine with the loader to get grease on the pin where there’s normally contact with the axle... part of my anal retentiveness.
Well... that’s no good. Let’s see if it’ll still move I guess.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts