My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you guys might get a kick out of my latest creation.
I only want to move things between the truck and the garage and a little firewood on pallets around the yard. The steel was cheap, the 2k winch I had lying around and the tractor I bought to rob the motor for my splitter but it runs and mows so well I decided to keep it as is. I only paid 120 for the mower. Forks are removable.

and an action shot

·
22,327 Posts
Pretty cool!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
great job on a cool build looking at that makes me think about the uses i could have for it. it looks like a easy and good design.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
Kbietz, I'm sure I looked your old sears over before building mine, I looked at all I could find of them.
dave

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
That will be handy. What cha gonna do with the cylinder?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biker, that's a nice setup.
Hydronerd, I have plans to build myself a firewood processor.........someday...LOL

·
Registered
967 Posts
I like it! I may have to do this with the Roper I'm getting if I don't do a FEL on it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm not sure this is going to stay. I have noticed some hard steering and I do use it to mow so I don't want to ruin the tractor. I may have to find a better base to swap the lift onto.

·
22,327 Posts
That's a given when you apply a 500 lb load ahead of the steering wheels. Even the steering box in a heavy GT is going to suffer from hard steering and accelerated wear under those conditions unless it has power steering. Tie rods and such are going to wear faster in any event. Power steering hides that fact until failure occurs.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you took off the forks and put on a trip bucket, you have a great front rnd loader

1 - 13 of 13 Posts