My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OMG I got another LawnBoy
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally took pics of my machines. enjoy!

The '78 7268 gets overhauled/painted this winter, it does run.
Two '96 10227's, the one on the left was my primary mower until the 2002 10550 came along...for $40.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Yes, I like it. Great mowers there. So are you a fan of the V series? Most people either love them or hate them. I am a fan of them. they are cheap, and powerful and light. They aren't my favorite lawnboy, that 10550 is great, and the 7268 is fantastic. Gotta love those good old F Series motors.

·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah, I like the V series. Soooo easy to start. I barely have to try. Got them both for free. I am really looking forward to fixing up the 7268. That 10550 is the one I've been messing with jetting. I think I've had that carb off 5 times now. I've ordered the 40 jet, drilling at .015 isn't quite enough. I also realized that the governor spring was a big issue with it. After tinkering with it for the last few weeks, it seems like it is 'mine'...if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's too bad I didn't know about you liking V's, I would have saved you a couple dozen, I have scrapped so many of those, it almost makes me sick.

·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well... I like the V, but I'm not really collecting them. When I get them they are the first to get sold, except for one that I have grown attached to.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
7268 is one of my all time favorite f engines. I have one that I use as my primary trimmer. I just bought a leaf bag for it. Restoring that 7268 is worth the effort they are great mowers!!!

·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice collection for sure! BTW, Is that a Gilson-made snowblower in the bottom right photo?
it's a 1973 Parmi with a 3 hp Briggs. Single stage. I use it every winter, fires right up. It'll get a paint-job this summer. I really can't wait to do the 7268. My garage is not heated, so...it's gonna be a long winter.

·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for sale...or if you have a L21ZSM...Either way. motor was run with straight gas, busted crank and seized piston. delivery abut 100mile radius, give or take for a small fuel fee.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts