My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I picked this up the other day and havent yet got it off of the truck. I had to hose it off a little to get the pigeon droppings off of it so it looks a little better but not by much.

It came with the 36" tiller, deck and wheelweights for the rear. The two hubcaps on the front are there. One needs a cleaning and the other needs a REAL GOOD cleaning (maybe some elbow grease and polish).

It DOES run good, but will need the fuel line replaced and the hydraulic hoses checked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some more pics.....

Pressure washer coming out in a little while when I get it off of the truck.:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can almost make it out. It looks to be a 19XX model X16-H. Is that right?
Man I am an idiot...I didnt even post what it was!
Its a 416-H. Im not sure which year, although I think it has the Eaton tranny in it.

Just researching the numbers now so Im not sure. Repairman coming to fix the dishwasher in a few so I havent got a chance to research or clean it up anymore. Here are the numbers from next to the seat.

I never realized how caustic bird droppings can be. It will have to be touched up a little since the "poop" has eaten some of the paint and there is one small scrape and dent on the right front hood, but not bad at all.

Im thinking a 1995 ???????

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's one "crappy" tractor but should clean up nicely. If you clean it on your lawn you can water and fertilize your grass at the same time.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No doubt Anonymous. I thought about that, lol! I thought it was just dusty since he said it was setting in "the barn" for two years. Here it is setting in the barn.

Extremely nice guy. I didnt know he raised llamas and goats. When I got there, he opened up the gate and told me to put it in 4X4 to get up the hill. When at the top, I saw why he had to stay behind and close the gates. I had a llama (or alpacca) walk around the building and I turned to say hi thinking it was someone else coming up to the barn. Boy was I suprised when this "guy" needed one heck of a shave and some mouthwash, lol!

I never had one come that close when I wasnt on one side of a fence and them on another.

Attachments

·
16,615 Posts
You got a nice, fine GT there!!

Shame the P/O let it get in that shape............:banghead31

a 6 dollar tarp would have prevented a lot of that......:banghead3ahain!

glenn

·
Registered
276 Posts
i email him about that i was 2nd in line at least it went to someone that is in to horses

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i email him about that i was 2nd in line at least it went to someone that is in to horses
Man, Jdog! He said he had one guy who called and was four hours away. Then he said there several calls from Pa. so I thought one may have been you...and I was right, lol! He was about ten miles away from me so I couldnt pass it up.

Sorry I beat you to that one, but on the good side one of the C-101's will be up for sale probably soon. I just have to figure out which one to choose to let go.

Maybe looking for a loader for the 416 next. By the way, the blower I got from you for the C-101 works fine. Just needs some TLC, the cable to turn the shoot and paint. Very happy.:thThumbsU

Im letting mother nature help hose it off for a little while until my back feels better again. Then going to give it a pressure wash and buff and see how she looks. (Then another shower for me to get the smell off, lol!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mother nature helped wash it, but not by much. It is starting to look cleaner and at least you can tell what it is now. It is missing a few bolts. I have no idea why they would have taken out the bolts and left them out of the plate between your legs as your setting on the tractor.

I checked all the fluids (all clean and full) fired it up and let it run and it ticked like a clock. All sorts of nasty, shall we say "grubs" in the air cleaner.

No valve slap, no knocks, no smoke. Hydraulics work fine too. Purrs like a kitten and quiet too compared to the C series. I believe its quieter than my 26 HP Kohler Cub and smoother too.

I guess the C-101 project is a go for this fall and winter and the 416-H will be for summer resto.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
glad you got it that is one nice tractor been after one for a year or 2 for wife to mow

·
Registered
276 Posts
but i just bought 2 suburbans an rj and a 701 or 702 and some parts

·
Registered
457 Posts
That will clean up and make for a nice piece of equipment. I'm missing the same taillight :)
While picking up a gas tank grommet, and a pto clutch pin, at my local dealer, when he came back to the counter with my parts, he had a few tail lights, and asked me if I needed them. Sounded like he had more than a few.
Thought I would mention, if they are nla.

·
Registered
457 Posts
That will clean up and make for a nice piece of equipment. I'm missing the same taillight :)
While picking up a gas tank grommet, and a pto clutch pin, for my 414-8, at my local dealer, when he came back to the counter with my parts, he had a few tail lights, and asked me if I needed them. Sounded like he had more than a few.
Thought I would mention, if they are nla.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No doubt. Its the first one I have ever owned and so far I love it. I have it running pretty nice now but it bugs me it has just a little miss in it. It may be my hearing, but it still bugs me. Going to clean the carb next.
I took my test drive when I got it running and letting it warm up. I hit the motion lever forward a little too hard and brought the front off of the ground. I NEVER thought I would be able to do that with a hydrostatic tranny, but it proved me wrong.

I was toying with the idea of trying to take away the motion lever and hook it up to a heel/toe pedal like on my Cub Cadet LT1050. That would leave me hands free to operate a FEL or other controls.

Pirate, I may just go with the generic tail lights. They pop off and break so easy, OEM ones might not be the way for me to go. I am famous for breaking and losing things. Lately my mind has been the hardest to find, lol!!!!

More pics coming soon. Cleaned, painted and polished so stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well she is starting to shape up mechanically a little more.

She got new shoes yesterday and the hubcaps polished and cleaned. I never thought they would EVER come clean. What I thought was rust was more bird poop. Polish and soaking made them come out nicely though.
More rust spots where the paint had chipped off, but a little rough sanding, primer coat and paint will take care of that. Im debating on using the solid steel rear weights on this or just using the OEM plastic filled ones that were on it.

ANY THOUGHTS? OEM looks good, but I have a full set of flush mount steel weights that need to be painted. The OEM's that came with this are just the plastic rear weights. I want function AND form, lol!!! Needs to look better than it did, but want to have it walk the dog as far as getting the job done. I personally am leaning toward the steel ones.

After that, its just a matter of replacing the regulator and all should be good. I am going to take her and the tiller on a test run later today when I finish getting it hooked up. Gotta keep her at half throttle so the regulator doesnt fry the battery but it should be good for our little truck patch garden. I guess a new muffler or at least a chrome cover wouldnt hurt either.:thThumbsU

Another good thing about working on these things is I get more toys to work on more toys. Since starting, I have aquired a new two ton jack, Kawasaki electric impact gun, several hand tools, more socket sets and hand tools.

Whats not to like about fixing tractors and engines?????:dancingpa

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts