My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been awhile since I've updated,so here I go. I used to be a Cub fan,was working on a FEL for my CC 105 until one day I saw a Bolens 1050,1053,two decks,snow blower and plow on Craigs for 5 bills and change. I had already swapped a JD 212 w/bad engine for a 1053,so I knew what the little tractors were capable of.Talked the guy down to $350 and drove an hour and a half one way to bring 'em home.
The 1050 is near perfect,the 1053 is a parts tracor,but complete(shoot me a PM if interested in parts). I love the 1050 so much that I couldn't quit bragging about it. One day(two weeks ago),my buddy calls and tells me about a big Bolens for sale about 15 min. away. I payed no mind till he sent me a pic. That night I drove up to take a peak. Happened to be an HT 20 with a 54"deck and a 48"? 'blower. Owner was asking $800.00,I offered 6 and he bit,plus he thru in an old 4 weeled WheelHorse wagon to boot :thThumbsU .
According to the hour meter there was 0320 hours on the clock(0328 now),motor purrs like a kitten and absolutely no smoke,I think the tires are original. What a beast.Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
I am now a "Bolens guy",just waiting for Sam to shoot me an E-mail about the price for his 3 point.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Nice story and that HT was a good deal.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pic's please......Sam doesn't give his 3 points away. If I remember correctly, a year or so ago they were like $450.
WOW! I'll go with the universal 3 point and dedicate a cylinder to do my lifting chores.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post pics.,hopefully tomorrow. Been working 12-13 hrs a day and haven't had much time to do much of anything. :banghead3

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HT20
1050 & HT20 with massive 48" snow blower.
54" deck waiting for a belt

old 1053,for parts
Little blower for the 1050
And the WH wagon.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Looks like some nice stuff! I bought one of those 2 stage blowers a couple months ago. I can't wait to try it out.

Jason

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like some nice stuff! I bought one of those 2 stage blowers a couple months ago. I can't wait to try it out.

Jason
I'm with ya. Those blowers are huge! I didn't think it belonged to the tractor when I first seen it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts