My Tractor Forum banner

My latest Project - Part Two

494460 Views 11079 Replies 69 Participants Last post by  mopar65pa
Due to last page loading issues with Part 1, this is Part 2 of Donewrken's homemade tractor build . . . and all around garage kibitzing thread. :D

Link to Part 1.

Click for The Hydraulics Forum!

Sometimes you get on a roll, sometimes the roll gets on you.

In Service
MF GC2310, Husqvarna YTH20B42T

Down for Repairs
MF1655 w/ FEL, MF1655, MF12H, MF8H, MF7H
Spending too much time on MTF to work on my toys. :crybaby:
Part 2 of Donewrken's homemade tractor build . . . and all around garage kibitzing thread. :D
:biglaugh:

Thanks MOD's for taking care of business and thanks TUDOR for the addendum to the title.
We all hope this will all come together completing the build and may we all gain some knowledge and appreciation for the friendships that have developed in the process.
Thanks also to MTF for the great opportunity they've given us to share our thoughts and ideas.

I'm trusting you all that it (part one) didn't go away!:ROF

Now presenting :cool: My Latest Project - Part Two
:woohoo1:

Thanks

Donewrken

:fing32:
10901 - 10920 of 11080 Posts
sorry about the delay don
as i type this I'm laying in a hospital bed 45 miles from home after taking a bad fall on ice in my driveway yesterday, hurt my already bad back making it even worse, we had to call in ems who called in the medivac , as my right leg is numb and very weak. going for that spine surgery i was in need of at 0630 today. wife brought me my simple $100.00 walmart tablet so i can kill time , with a stick loaded with about 20 movies OHH how i dislike android .

that HP GAMING lap top the ram when i got done sits at 32 g's double what hp states it can use, the 512 Gig m2 ssd it came with is in a back up case, replaced by the 2tb microcenter house brand called inland that sells for $159.00 ,i added a second drive a sata 2.5 ssd hard drive of 1 tb sitting in the spot hp designed for with mounting hardware included inside , that stores my 400 gigs of music from the band's gig's over 20 plus years and my OPE shop manuals

monitors yes important. for our home brew desktop i have a 32 inch asus we garbed on sale at BJ's club for a unbelievable price of $250.00 .with that home made desktop's hot video card which is a GIgabtte nvidia geForce rtx3060 12 gb gddr6 pcie card ,that box could game like no tomorrow if i did game, but i just do a lot of music and photos editing
nurse is knocking saying you need to sleep. while holding a IV needle guess i'm going back to sleep like it or not,

Rectangle Gadget Font Multimedia Audio equipment

Rectangle Gadget Font Electric blue Multimedia
Oh, my!!

You found a great buy in my opinion!
You would have an almost new but just as good as a new computer that will be faster and capable of doing most anything you would need from a PC. It will boot in seconds, not minutes. It has all the goodies I have mentioned plus the WiFi 6 I mentioned in earlier posts, that is the latest in the WiFi world and faster than everything else giving you gigabit speeds. Plus the latest Bluetooth. 2 TB drive is twice mine. Ram is twice mine and 6 core processor two more than mine. I'll be checking this out myself when my box says good by.

Don
🤓 😁
Beam me up Scotty,
Scotty. . . . . . . .
Scotty!!! . . . . . . .

Joe ought to like this one, How to completely rebuild a truck starter motor.

Don
🤠
  • Haha
Reactions: mopar65pa
Charles, that's not good at all. I hope they get you taken care of.
Be a good patient and listen to the nurses. Good that you have some distraction with the tablet. It's one week shy of a year ago when I was in the hospital, I was not a happy camper when I came out of a coma five days later and was yelling my lungs out for them to just put me to sleep so I wasn't in pain.
Glad they ignored me, don't know how but they did and took great care of me.
By the end of my stay there I was grateful and couldn't thank them enough. I would not be hear today if it wasn't for them.
Be kind and thankful that they do their jobs and help us thru our health issues.
Rest up, my friend, we'll have much more discussion to look forward to.

Don
🙏
small shot of morphine it just barely touched the pain, so no beam me up scotty ,I WISH it was a little more, gas passer should be around in a short while .i'm sure he or she will have something stronger,, chopper trip wise i don't want to see what is going to be billed for that medivac ride, don't know for sure but hear about 30k gets billed ,what Medicaid pays ?????
i knew i was heading for work, I've long suffered from stenosis and a bad surgeon 20 years ago. I was already fused from c 3 to c 6 , L 1 to L4, metal rods in the back of my neck, and lower back,
back to computers
comparing those from around 1980 to today, o man what a difference, 1980 many thought a 25 MHZ chip with 16 or so KB's of ram was fast, today depending on the wants, the chip count on a cpu is crazy, ram now in place of KB"s we go buy GIG's windows will run with 4 gb's yet many new come with 8 . some even way more. video cards are the same the ram on them has become insane ,
deck tops. laptops, tablets, computer cell phones, raspberry pi's, tiny to huge in size and what they can do, today compared to back than, heck a raspberry pi starts with
  • 4gb of RAM
  • Broadcom BCM2711
  • Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC
4 gig's and a quad core chip? inside a key board sized box?? that's expandable for $100.00
Charles, I'm so sorry you got hurt. Medicare is supposed to pay for the chopper ride as long as it was a "Doctor's order". I would hope an EMT got relayed your condition to a Doctor and he made the decision. I'll be praying for you and your medical team.
Here's what I woke up to:

Snow Sky Water Tree Twig

Plant Snow World Nature Branch

It's a wet snow. I guess I'll find out how my plow works with wet stuff. I'm wondering if I'll have to fill my tires with windshield wiper fluid.

Don, I haven't watched the rewind video, but you can bet I will!
I hope you have a speedy recovery, I was with you on the back pain I've had 2 lower back surgeries, but you lost me when you started talking computers I'm a pick & pock person lol 😆
Charles, I hop you have a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Joe, we got some snow early this morning also. slowed down for now but more later today and lake effect tonight. Supposed to get snow through Saturday.

Attachments

Nice pictures guys!! That's nice of you to take some of Tony's snow for him. I'm in another boring weather pattern, just some clouds for the next week and highs in the 40's - 50's until Monday & Tuesday, high's 31° & 35° small chance of snow.

Charles I know your a John Lee Hooker fan so here ya go, song about a poor man who has no food or shoes. It ought to cheer you up.

Four songs up the list is another J L H song, blues boogie jam will get you going.

Don
:cool:
Charles, will be saying a prayer for the surgery and steady hands of the surgeon and also for a quick recovery.
Old laptop story.
We tried loading Windows 3.1 on my laptop at work, it fit but was unable to run, shortly after booting up, it was out of space and froze. We were concerned we wouldn't be able to uninstall it.
Learned a lot about Dos and the power of typing "Del" with periods after it.
Lots of "CD"'s and never, I mean never two consecutive .'s
If ya know what I mean. Hehehe.

Don
🤓😝
Dir /w/p
CD Windows
rd Windows

That fixed everything!

😁 😁
  • Love
Reactions: Donewrken
It "could", I learned the magic of "hidden" things that prevented "RD and Del" from doing what we wanted.
How did they "Hide" folders, files and partitions!!! It was all magically done.
Sorry. Can't do that, directory is not empty!!!!
What!!!
There were three hidden partitions on that 250mb hard drive in the laptop. The first, I'm pretty sure was the boot section though the third hidden partition was labeled as boot and was the fourth partition while the third primary was "Windows" and clone programs clone all, but the Windows partition was there only empty. Ha!!! Felt like the old days again!!

Don
🤓 😝
Reactions: PA318Guy
Also "Attrib" plus & minus.

How do these things stay in the memory bank after half a lifetime is beyond me.
They must remain in a hidden partition in the noggin!!!

Don
:unsure:
Trauma stays with you...
The little tractor that could. I drove it through the wall of snow at the bottom of the driveway that the city plow left. This video is my second pass. After removing the snow, I had a layer of ice that needed to be removed. You can see me spinning the steering wheel and nothing happening. Maybe I should put chains on the front tires, too. Overall, I was really impressed with the job it did. I also did my neighbor's dirt and gravel driveway. So altogether, I plowed about 700 to 800 feet.

Plowing
That was amazing! How do those guys work in pajamas and sandals and squat or sit on a brick. That would not be easy for this old guy! I made my work bench higher than normal just so my back won't ache when I'm working. Overall, they seemed to do a good job except for the soldering. I've been soldering since I was about 12 years old and Lockheed sent me to soldering school for an entire week! I thought they were crazy. When you are building missiles and space craft, it's gotta be perfect. All the Techs had to re-qualify every year for soldering, crimping and wire wrapping. Cool video!
Beam me up Scotty,

Joe ought to like this one, How to completely rebuild a truck starter motor.
Don
🤠
Wow!! A week of soldering classes! Who would have thought!
I turned in an extra credit project in my 7th grade science class of a crystal radio i was supposed to have built. My science teacher after class smiled and said it looks like I had some help by my dad. I said how could you tell. He said by the soldering. the few that I did were horrible and the other 90%- 95% that my dad looked like they were done in a factory. It wasn't my fault though, by the time I got out to the shop, My dad had almost completed the thing, he was having fun and got carried away.
Should have started a new one!!! LOL!!!
He went to radio school in the 40's after Pearl. The TV and Radio business he ran after work and on weekends "paid for the house and raised four kids", he always said.

Don
😄
That was amazing! How do those guys work in pajamas and sandals and squat or sit on a brick. That would not be easy for this old guy! I made my work bench higher than normal just so my back won't ache when I'm working. Overall, they seemed to do a good job except for the soldering. I've been soldering since I was about 12 years old and Lockheed sent me to soldering school for an entire week! I thought they were crazy. When you are building missiles and space craft, it's gotta be perfect. All the Techs had to re-qualify every year for soldering, crimping and wire wrapping. Cool video!
I had the exact same reaction and thought why the heck didn't they have a work bench.

Don

How do those guys work in pajamas and sandals and squat or sit on a brick.
That's funny. As kids, we always wondered how our parents and teachers figured us out! LOL!

In my less fortunate days, I supplemented our income by repairing home entertainment electronics. TV, stereos, CB's, etc. I even worked in a TV repair shop for a short while. I much preferred working for myself and in my own shop.
Wow!! A week of soldering classes! Who would have thought!
I turned in an extra credit project in my 7th grade science class of a crystal radio i was supposed to have built. My science teacher after class smiled and said it looks like I had some help by my dad. I said how could you tell. He said by the soldering. the few that I did were horrible and the other 90%- 95% that my dad looked like they were done in a factory.

Don
😄
@Donewrken He didn't take all the snow we got 2-3 inches today. Man my knees are killing me. It is so wet i didn't even fire the tractor up to blow it off the driveway.

@charles g Dang man. I am sorry to hear this. Praying for a full speedy recovery.

You guys want to talk old school computers. My parents bought a Texas Instruments PC in 1982.I found a game program in popular science magazine and proceeded to try and load it. NOPE! 3 hrs at a shot and I tried 3 times to get it to load. No go..............
That was my first and last attempt to program a PC. 😁
  • Haha
10901 - 10920 of 11080 Posts