My Tractor Forum banner
7841 - 7860 of 8063 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
this one seems to be early-mid 70's, but the design from 60's. There has been some comparison of serial numbers.

Built in East Germany, supposedly as an export object to earn some hard currency, so standards were high and extra bells and whistles were added.
But I wonder if they'd had access to reliable silicon diodes, if there were be fewer switching relays.

·
5K and there's still more
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,842 ·
I don't see much of an opportunity for diodes over relays considering the voltages not knowing anything about the circuitry other than what you had mentioned. Diodes are not much help on AC circuits.

Don

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Generator fueled up and ready to go. The output voltage is a bit high, I do need to readjust the voltage regulator but I'm expecting the neighbors to rely on my generator so I'm accounting for the extra load to bring the voltage down. 🤣

·
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,844 ·
The output voltage is a bit high, I do need to readjust the voltage regulator but I'm expecting the neighbors to rely on my generator so I'm accounting for the extra load to bring the voltage down. 🤣
👍 👍 👍 :LOL:

Don

·
Registered
668 Posts
Generator fueled up and ready to go. The output voltage is a bit high, I do need to readjust the voltage regulator but I'm expecting the neighbors to rely on my generator so I'm accounting for the extra load to bring the voltage down. 🤣
:ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Pedro; a cool neighbor!

So, at first it did nothing, then the spindle motor went on for a second, then it didn't.
I found a loose wire on one of the stop buttons and now the spindle motor locks on with the on button and shuts down with the stop button.
But the feed doesn't work, the spindle brake doesn't work, and the lock indicator light doesn't work.
Still, I'm feeling all optimistic now.

·
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,847 ·
Yeaaaaa!!!!!
Congrats on a semi success!! It'll be a full ripper soon!!
Hmmmm, seems someone mentioned one wire. . . . .
:whistle:
Good job!! 👍👍👍

Pedro didn't mention the need for the generator& you didn't release any blue smoke. 👍 👍(y)

(quote)Still, I'm feeling all optimistic now. (/quote)
You ought to be!!
Don

·
Registered
668 Posts
Pedro; a cool neighbor!

So, at first it did nothing, then the spindle motor went on for a second, then it didn't.
I found a loose wire on one of the stop buttons and now the spindle motor locks on with the on button and shuts down with the stop button.
But the feed doesn't work, the spindle brake doesn't work, and the lock indicator light doesn't work.
Still, I'm feeling all optimistic now.
Woo! Hoo! Now the fun part...troubleshooting. :giggle: That's the part I love most.
Glad no smoke escaped!

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
On some milling machines, the feed system will only work with the spindle running. Although, I believe the rapid feeds should run regardless if the spindle is on or off.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,820 Posts
Talking to a guy I know who works for CERN, they're all concerned at work about these weird anomalies that started happening in the last couple days...

Just pulling your leg. I don't know anybody there...

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks;
I still have some work to do before making my first cut.
Some reassembly, making space in my workshop by removing my 600lb drill press (no idea where it's going to go), and setting the mill there.
I'll need to cut a hole in the container wall for the top slide to extend through.

After placing, a little more reassembly like refitting the 175 pound work table and the 90 pound milling head.

Electrically it just plugs into any of my standard 16A 380V outlets, but the wiring on the mill was the wrong way around so it ran backwards at first.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dang Mark, do you own anything light weight? I'm sure you know to just reverse 2 of the power input lines to change motor direction.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Of course I do.
Um...
Um...
Got it! My metal cutoff saw is lightweight.
I hate that thing, I hope to replace it with a massive heavy one some day.

My car is light, by US standards at least.
That's like saying that a shirt is small, by elephant standards.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Of course I do.
Um...
Um...
Got it! My metal cutoff saw is lightweight.
I hate that thing, I hope to replace it with a massive heavy one some day.
Bwahaha! Funny guy! I made a rack to fit the bumper hitch on my camper and carry my bicycle and my wife's electric powered tricycle. I made it out of 2" square tubing 3/16" thick. I made every cut with a hand help hacksaw!

·
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,860 ·
I made it out of 2" square tubing 3/16" thick. I made every cut with a hand help hacksaw!
Joe, that was enough cutting to justify a new metal cutoff saw.
"well, honey I need it to make cuts for your rack. . . . . . . OKaaaaaaeeeee"

Missed opportunity!!!
:whistle: :ROFLMAO:

Don

7841 - 7860 of 8063 Posts