My Tractor Forum banner

7081 - 7100 of 7164 Posts

·
5K and there's still more
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,081
He never dressed the rotors.
We used to have them turned for $4-5 bucks apiece and we'd be good to go with some $12 pads for another 25k miles. Now days they would say "you wana do whaaaaaat?"

Well new are much more affordable now days, what with free shipping can hardly beat it.
The grip on the worn rotors definitely increases and I've seen new pads wear into the rotors but one always seemed to wear more than the other wheel, big problem then. I guess a rally driver could benefit from that, at least in one turn direction.

Don

·
Super Moderator
4,230 Posts
More important is the thickness, stamped into the rotor somewhere should be a minimum dimension. Too thin and they'll warp easier and perhaps more prone to cracking.

I'd replace those, or clean 'em up a bit if there's enough meat... but I don't think running 'em would harm. Be prepared for reduced braking power until the pads wear in.

·
Administrator
17,296 Posts
So where's Waldo? oops, I mean Don.:oops: Very unusual not to see a post from him in four days. Hopefully he's just working on polishing out that 'satin" :eek: paint he got for the car. Seriously though, there is concern what with all the winds and brush fires all around him. Hope all is well and he will get back here where he belongs.
MikeC

·
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,084
Oh, thank you for the concern.
I have mostly been waiting for the weather to warm up a little. I thought it would have to wait until this Wednesday or Thursday but I managed to get a little more done yesterday and today is promising so far. Yes, the fires have been all around us but we are holding our own, so to speak. They did a great job down south in my old stomping grounds to prepare in Orange County and prevented the loss of hundreds of thousands of homes.

Here is the latest , some after dark shots of the progress. The spoiler, notice the part behind the spoiler still in base coat.

Polls will be opening, gotta go now.
Stay tuned!!

Don

·
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,089
Tonight it looks like this.

We will have to wait till day light to see what it really looks like. :ROFLMAO:
Still better than

Don

·
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,090
Friday update.
Well the picture is about the same.
A bit more to go on the car body still have the front, rear and spoiler to buff.

No, not smudges reflection.

The bottom right is covered by the bumper, the factory didn't bother with it but I found it a good place to empty my paint cup.

New headliner material arrived, the new dash cover came but it has a large crack on the passenger side. Now why would they send a cracked cover out to someone who is buying the cap to cover a cracked dash?!

Don

·
Super Moderator
4,230 Posts
It comes pre-cracked for your convenience... :ROFLMAO:

Probably dropped in shipping, or some 300lb. gorilla stood on it. Hopefully a replacement will be dispatched at once.

Paint is looking real nice, what are you going to do with the wheel wells?

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,092
I have a half gallon of satin black I was thinking would be preferred over gloss. Truck bed liner paint would be my second choice.
I'm considering shooting the front end/K member while at it.

Thanks
Don

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Where are you going to go in that gleaming wonder wagon I wonder?
Amazing paint job there Don.
Is the engine ready to go back in?
What about wheels + tires, doing anything clever down there?

·
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,094
LOL!!! I wonder too!!!
I do know it is so low to the ground it would be a heck of a snow plow if it had any traction. So it won't be out playing in the white stuff. The tires are in great shape, she didn't cut any corners when she bought them. I was not involved with any part of that and I've never even checked prices, proly out of fear it might have given me the big one. Hahaha!
Yes, the engine is ready to go back in, just wanted the paint to be done so I wouldn't have to try and work around it. So refreshing the black items under the hood and the wheel wells are next, then it goes back in.
Thanks, now I'm thinking about the rims but that can be done at a later date.
I changed the filter in the tranny (also put a new pan on, a chrome one) (Oh, and new bolts) and noticed all the junk in there and thought it really should be gone thru while it's out but it can wait. It's not too bad a job to drop it if need arises, and if it does I'll be spending some $$$$ and putting in a lot of upgrades, it's a 4l60E so there is a lot that can be done. Or swap it for a six speed and an LS. LOL!!

Thanks Mark I appreciate the complement.

Don

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I just bought this;

Now I just have to get it brought to me from the shop where it's standing, 1,400 miles and 3 countries away.

It early christmas at oficina Marco!

·
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,097
Wow!!!!!
I want one too!!
and only 1,400 miles and 3 countries away !!

congrats!!
OMG! That thing is massive!
Weight?

Don

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Oh yeah! Great news Marco!

Universal table too. That's nice. Open more possibilities to work on weird shaped parts.

7081 - 7100 of 7164 Posts