My Tractor Forum banner

6921 - 6940 of 7082 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Whenever I had that much trouble bleeding brakes, it turned out they were bled just fine and the problem was somewhere else.

But just to be sure, I think you'll need to use a pressure bleeding setup of some sort. Maybe you can rent, buy or borrow one, otherwise fabricate something. A few pounds of air on top of a vessel of brake fluid will shoot it through, a clear tube on the bleeder will reveal if any air comes out.
Probably it won't.

Yeah the right/left headlight thing is a common subject here, as people, cars, and parts cross from the UK and back. Their steering wheels are are the wrong side too.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Turns out I stopped getting any notifications for this thread for quite a while. I was wondering: Why is Don's thread so quiet?

I did come to MTF checking a bunch of times but I didn't even got the Alert thingy, so I never bother to check the actual thread.

Anyways, everyone is being busy and doing great stuff.

Me, on the other hand, I'm sorry to say that none of the 5 Ducky ducks survived... The rats ate every single one of them. Just my luck. :mad:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think he said yours are about the same as these . . . . what ever that means.
It didn't really show much.
Don
The main purpose of their video was to show how the pads scrub on the rotors. I was of the opinion that they scrubbed too much. I had sent them videos of mine showing how a good push on the tire only got about 90 degrees of rotation. However, I guess that is normal. The reason I posted their video is so you could hear the sound of their actuator compared to the sound of mine.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,071 Posts
Turns out I stopped getting any notifications for this thread for quite a while. I was wondering: Why is Don's thread so quiet?

I did come to MTF checking a bunch of times but I didn't even got the Alert thingy, so I never bother to check the actual thread.
I found every time I get an alert to new posts on Don's thread, I have to click it and go look at the thread. If I miss one, and do not click it and go there, I do not get any new alerts until I do go look at the thread.
Some times get busy and miss one. Then I have to go to my followed threads list and go to the thread. After that the alerts to new content start again.

Sorry you lost your ducks. I hate varmints. Especially rats.

Reactions: Donewrken

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Terrible about the ducklings.
We get wild ones in our pond sometimes, just taking a break there on the way through I think.
They aren't cute like the ducklings though.
Will you try again, with a more secure place for them?

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
We used to just buy ducklings but then again, the rats ate everything.

These five were the only ones actually born and raised here, which was nice. We do plan on making the place safer so we can raise ducks and chicks too. Chicks also have the same destiny as the ducks and just don't last long.

The main problem is that we have a 6 ft deep ditch that splits our propriety almost in half. This ditch runs all the way from one side of the city to the other. It does have a decent amount of water running and people tend to connect the sewer lines off their homes to that public ditch. It's illegal but they still do it. This will attract all kinds of rodents. To further help the problem, the neighbor has a small pig pen just opposite of my hen house.

It's like the paradise for rodents. All the food they want for free. They can even vary their diet between ducks, chicks, corn, wheat, etc.

·
5K and there's still more
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,927
I found every time I get an alert to new posts on Don's thread, I have to click it and go look at the thread. If I miss one, and do not click it and go there, I do not get any new alerts until I do go look at the thread.
I have to do the same and that seems to do the trick.

The reason I posted their video is so you could hear the sound of their actuator compared to the sound of mine.
There was a big difference, I did notice it.

Pedro, that's too sad.
I hope you have more and better success.
They will need a safe house.

I got up at 6:00 but hehehe it was too cold to paint. Started around 9:00.
Base coat.

Eewwww that looks horrible!!

By the time I had the clear mixed and ready to spray, the wind started blowing, naturally.
I worked around that.
Before shot.

The sun was in a bad spot for these pictures, I'll get more when I have better lighting.

I'm glad I had a place to see how this paint and clear are to work with. I found out the clear needs a bit of reducer, that will help when I shoot the rest of the car.
The color came out closer to factory than I had expected. I did ad some pearl, when I shoot the rest it will have even more. That's going to be the fun part.

Don

·
Registered
576 Posts
Pedro, sorry to hear about the Ducklings. A couple of years ago we saw that some wild rabbits had some babies. My wife and I were looking forward to seeing them grow. I can't remember how many there were. About 6 to 8, I think. Anyway, a few days later, all of the baby rabbits were dead and laying on the lawn. Each one was a bloody mess. I figured it was probably a cat. I figured I would have to clean it up, but it was lunch time. When I came out after lunch, they were all gone! I have no clue as to what took them away. Maybe some big crows. We have lots of them here.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the ducks, Pedro. That's sad.

Yikes! That ditch situation sounds challenging, to say the least! I'm sorry you have to deal with that, it must be difficult, especially when you're dealing with what other people are dumping.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the ducks, Pedro. That's sad.

Yikes! That ditch situation sounds challenging, to say the least! I'm sorry you have to deal with that, it must be difficult, especially when you're dealing with what other people are dumping.
It's not actually that bad. It doesn't smell or anything like that and we don't see floating things either. Mostly because we are almost on the start of the ditch.

The main problem is that it attracts animals we don't really need here. Animals (rats) that managed to go through 5" thick concrete on a small hen house my grandmother had and we had to redo everything with thicker concrete, rebar, etc.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Went to see the neurosurgeon today; he looked at my CT scan.
"Well, you've had an active life." he said.
Uh oh.
Past tense.
He thinks it's not to bad, ordered an MRI to get a better look.

·
Super Moderator
32,019 Posts
Mark, praying that he just didn't use the right tense of the verb!!! We can't have you not cranking out all these cool projects!

·
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,937
that he just didn't use the right tense of the verb!!!
Course it's obvious that the Dr. meant that he's all washed up but it was a nice gesture on your part.
🤨

yeah, we play rough here sometimes.
:D
all in fun though.

Don

·
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,938
Mark, here is an exercise that might make your back feel better.

Notice how relaxed he seems to be.
Just took the picture yesterday, could hardly be coincidental.

Don

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
It's amazing how other animals seem to have a better idea about these things than us humans. they know how to stretch, run, swim, and fight without any coaching.

I can usually avoid lifting heavy things during the work I do these days; actually, a lot of the work I'm doing lately is making things so I can then better avoid lifting things later.

I did a lot of extreme sport when I was younger. Was never particularly good at any of it, but I liked it.
I don't recall any particular back trauma, I was just pushing to the limit a lot.
Oh well; it was fun.

We're getting a tiny little bit of rain today; it's soothing but we need real precipitation.

·
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,940
We just keep getting blasted here, it was 91° yesterday, going down to 51° tonight then back to 90° and this is October. Windy season for Southern California along with hot air from the deserts. I better get busy on the car prepping for paint before the cold weather starts. It could be just a few days of sanding then masking and paint. I should put up the umbrella and get busy. The car's not that big but I kinda dread sanding and am thinking it should be taken down to bare metal. We'll see.

Don

6921 - 6940 of 7082 Posts