My Tractor Forum banner

6621 - 6640 of 6662 Posts

·
5K and there's still more
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,621
I missed a bunch of posts, my old email stopped working after 21 years I could no longer log in.
Well switched a gazillion accounts over but the forum somehow sent most notices to my old email.
When I finally got back in, I had 234 waiting for me, but that doesn't even come close to my gmail account. I have been using it to log in for a few things but hadn't checked the email for, I don't know 10 years maybe . . . . Or possibly longer, it started on April fools day 2004. I signed up shortly after. I had over 1200 waiting in the inbox, I bet it was a relief for gmail to finally flush . . . . that one. 😆:D

We already knew about Joe's big hardheartedness. Seriously though hope they got you on the right meds and hope they do what they are supposed to do.

Mark hope yours turns out in a positive way.

Larry, I did get the birds fixed up, I finally found a use for the snow shovel! :p
Under side of a Trans Am with an aftermarket K member. There are three bolts on each side that hold it in place. this is why the engine and tranny will drop together. the exhaust will be removed prior to dropping the K.
Notice the jacking points in yellow.

and here are some raise the body pics.
Chain method.

Strap method

Need a high ceiling!!

How to move the dropped engine.

. . . because it is about 700lbs.

More parts arrived today including some of the paint, I decided I needed more paint and made three more orders. :p:D. One item won't get here until September. . . . . I can probably work around that item.

I finally came to an impasse with the mud bugs, they decided to move their happy home but it took three days to get them to see it my way. I finally wrapped the side mirror with a plastic bag and went out a few hours later and they were no longer buzzing around trying to get in.
They have three or four other neighboring clans near by, like in the two generators and a rolling grinder cabinet.
I also found out if you have to get rid of them WD40 is your friend. I just wanted them to relocate, they eat lots of bugs like spiders and flies so they are at least some what friendly, plus they don't attack like a yellow jacket, they do more of a bluff charge and will fly right up within a foot of your face, then slam on the brakes and exit stage right.

So I finally have the work area to get things started. Went out & backed the truck up the driveway and was going to back the Tracker up and use the front mounted winch to move the TA with a couple of pulls she would be in place.
It had to wait until tomorrow, the battery should be charged by then.

Don

·
3,212 Posts
Nice Suzy Jimny Don, I've got a '73. 🍻

·
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,623
Oh, that is just a generic picture. A 73!!!
. . . and I thought my 94 Geo Tracker was an old girl. My Suzuki is a 2002 GV and the other one is a 99 Chevy Tracker.
Like parents with new kids gota show the kiddy pics. 😃 They both got new paint last year, I thought the truck would be next but Christine's first.

the 99

Those two were nothing special, just good paint. Hopefully the paint for the TA will be as good a product. I'm doing a few extra's on this one, if it works it will be a little different than the run of the mill paint job. If not, I will have a lot of sanding to do.
:confused::giggle:

Don

·
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,626
I just had a shock, have you ever shopped for car weatherstrip?
The new improved products being offered are less than dealer prices but that's not saying a whole lot for a piece of foam rubber.
I guess I need to come to terms with the prices or forget about replacing them. two doors and two pieces for the T-top would be around $220 - $260.
I think the old parts will be carefully handled. . . . . .

Don

·
3,212 Posts
Mmm bouncy seat. :)

Here's mine Don.

360cc 2-cylinder two-stroke, 4WD, four high, four low. Completely stock except I swapped in some better pistons, and I've touched the paint up a bit over the years. I've had it for over 20, used to daily drive it.

🍻

·
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,628
Ooooh!

I bet you stopped driving it due to all that hp, whiplash threat. 😊

That's a keeper (y)
2 stroke, piston upgrade would be standard maintenance for a pro, like spark plugs.

Don

·
3,212 Posts
They share some engine metal with the Suzi bikes so I was able to get some ceramic skirt smoothies, and also the original design left the top ring gap open to combustion which could eventually cause Trouble.

First year of water cooling.

We've been a lot of places together... never let me down. Notice the manual pump washer bulb in the center under the ashtray.

It'll do about 50 MPH downhill with a tailwind, but it'll also climb straight up in 4 low.

Here's an piece I wrote about it, many years ago.

·
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,630
Nicely written.
. . . .and don't think that I missed your point in the conclusion but I can't help to think, you know, only due to the rusting and no parts available - LS swap it!!
Which would be a trans plant from Honda Gold wing, 1500!!! :cool:
:p sorry

Don

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I think Japan is like Europe; can't change engine type on a road going vehicle.
Or significantly modify the engine, or anything else.

Something I miss about the US is the freedom to be creative and then drive the result on public roads.

Seat has a shock absorber in it; but yeah, it's a bouncer.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nice article and cool vehicle, Scott. I'll bet it is fun to drive.

·
3,212 Posts
We are at the top of the inhabited part of the Hill, nearly anyhow, and beyond where the Rules really matter. Lots of little trails up above so I keep her healthy and exercised. Long out of inspection but I keep up the tax and minimum mandatory insurance... no harm no foul.

I've thought of swapping in a 'Bota diesel, that would make it unstoppable... and yea also unregisterable.

An Elless... that would be a tight fit indeed... but it sure would be fun if you could shoehorn one in there. The 360cc almost fills the space now.

Pretty clean for almost fiddy years old, you can see though where the sheet metal under the battery has deteriorated, need to weld a new bit in there. I cut the old out already, for now the slab of plywood works.

Reactions: Donewrken

·
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,634
With a lil bota it would climb walls.

Man it was hot today, took three trips out then in to cool off but almost got er done.
The setup was move her then scooch the Tracker over repete.

Looking up the driveway

and finally

I'll move her the rest of the way with a jack. The Tracker and winch worked well after chocking three wheels, she's a heavy girl compared to the Tracker.

Mud daubers were back and not too happy with me.
A friend had a great idea, she figured out I was going to use the excavator when I told her you unbolt the engine and lift the car. She said she would loan me her LED string lights and just raise it up to work on it.
LOL!!

Don

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Low restriction air filter, matched ports, and tuned exhaust can squeeze a lot of extra power from a 2-stroke.
I did that to an RD350 Yamaha I had when I lived in India, and the results were quite pleasing.

I designed the exhaust using info from a book I bought [anyone remember those?], and had a local craftsman do the actual fabrication. It sounded great and pulled like... well, really pulled.

·
3,212 Posts
Disgusted with the 'education' I was being fed in school, I read through both the Encyclopedia Britannica and the World Book Encyclopedia during my lunch breaks when in Jr./high school.

Twice. :geek:

I have a set of the last edition of Britannicas offered for sale to the public (shipping those from the States yowza) and also an early '70's set of Encyclopedia Americana.

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts

·
3,212 Posts
Who knew... Happy Birthday Larry. 🍻

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
Who knew... Happy Birthday Larry. 🍻
Actually I cancelled it this year like everything else. So i won't be another year older till this time next year.

6621 - 6640 of 6662 Posts