My Tractor Forum banner

5901 - 5920 of 7037 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
Don, I'm very sorry to read of your wife's passing. You couldn't have written a more loving tribute to her. My condolences to you, and your family.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
2,060 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you Don. Gonna be a rough one. You have the strength to get through this, I am sure of it. Stay strong.
JP

·
5K and there's still more
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,903
I want to thank all of you for the kindness shown here, what a great bunch of people here on the forum.
I guess that's why we all enjoy hanging out here, the support shown with real emotion from real people who are not afraid to say how they feel, in my book it shows great character.
Thank you all.

Don

·
Super Moderator
3,959 Posts
Hear her whispers on the soft winter's breeze,
and feel her touch as you brush new spring leaves
Her breath kisses you on the warm summer air
Fall not, for all that you shared, take care.

Be well, Friend.

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,906
Ya know, I think most here on the forum would appreciate this,
she never once complained about our new Kubota being parked in the front yard at the house.

Maybe the camo worked better than I thought it would.

Then again the decorations were nice.

Another thing, she never asked how much was it.

I do know she would have had a ball driving it.
Can you imagine her smile when I asked if she would help me mow weeds!!

She's the one with the green thumb and orange was one of her favorite colors.

Don

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
Sounds like she trusted your decisions. She knew you wanted to build again so it is a necessary tool..

Are you still going through with your plans?

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,908
That's true. I told her it's a tool and she accepted that. Now the bit about it being in the front yard, I did expect to catch an ear full for that.
She knew it needed to be there while I worked on the attachments.
Yes I'm still building the house, I had to find an engineering firm to help work out the details in the structural aspects of the project.

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
So sorry for your loss and your pain, Don.
I remember you wrote that she was unwell but you didn't seem to want to get into details here, so I never asked.
Do you have someone there with you?
I hope you're not alone at least.

Be well, or as well as you can, and seriously; don't operate any heavy machinery.
Try not to even drive if you can avoid it.
People get very wobbly after a serious loss like that.

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,910
Thanks Mark.
I appreciate all of your points, to answer some
Just me here and I am OK with that.
I have friends that stop by but prior to that I have spoken with my friend Larry who is one terrific stand up kind of a guy who I have e-mail exchanges with on a daily basis as well. (the one two posts prior to yours)

I have also been in contact with family and trying to keep from being invaded by them.
I'm doing alright, it was unexpected as it always is, but we have talked about it and so it was not a complete surprise. Her health continued to spiral down hill after she broke her hip, we were unable to convince her she needed a hip replacement. She was home where she wanted to be, not in a hospital or a convalescent home and not in pain.
She hadn't even taken an aspirin for probably a week, in a "happy place " as I mentioned.
I miss her and think of her often, many times during the day, but I am comforted knowing she is the one now who is at home and I am still just a visitor here in this life but will continue doing the best I can learning life's lessons the good lord wants me to know. Though I look forward to being with my lord and savior I am at the same time in no hurry to leave this world, I like my life and I'm still getting to the good parts. :)
My belief that things happen for a reason is as strong as ever even though I cannot see what's ahead I am confident it isn't a cliff or dead end.
Thanks again,

Don

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
After reading your last post I want to say that is exactly the way I see things. I am very sorry for your loss but I am glad you know she is in a better place. I wish more people had that type of faith. I truly believe everything happens for a reason due to GOD'S plan but I don't think we, as humans, have the mental capacity to fully understand it at the time. We will know the answers one day. Remain strong in your faith and be careful while you are "working". I will continue to pray for you.--Edro

Reactions: No Quarter

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,912
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort for your post.
You've given such a positive, validating acknowledgement of our belief that I found comforting.
Little words with so much meaning can give a bit more confidence and a boost. I thank you for that.
One day, yes, I believe that too.
Thank you, brother.

Don

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I'm not sure if it's ok to talk about mundane mechanical things now; but here goes anyway.
I want to put quick hitch hooks on the 3-point as well as the FEL.
Is there any downside?
Prices vary a lot, there are great deals on ebay Germany but they won't ship international.
I found these, really great deal. Just 65 euros each with 1 ball included.

I'm going to need a lot of balls for this to work...

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,914
Are you kidding! We love mundane mechanical things here.

Well I'm confused, hooks or lots of balls?
Nice looking hitch, thingy.
I needed a break and went out yesterday and did some work, it was good therapy.
I needed to get from tapered shaft to gear coupler and made it this far.
I started with a coupler . . .

and turned into

Added a plate

Went around the block again

and trimmed and turned it

Rats, no picture of that.
Oh, re cut the key-way and came in to order a castle nut, the thread is 24mm x 1.5, finally found an axle nut with that thread for $10.00 bucks on Amazon, a Dorman product then another for only half that.

Don

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,915
Motor mount!
Forgot it.
3/8" x 2" x 4" angle, the piece I drilled in 1/2" plate was only good for practice, darn.

I still need to trim it and find matching bolts or 50/50 grade 8 and stainless steel.
Then bolt or weld to quick hitch. Probably bolt it.

Don

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,916
Bucket pin!
Did some fitting on the pin.

A piece of 2" pipe over the 2" stainless steel bushing will button weld the bushing to pipe. The pipe will mount to the quick hitch, the pin will affix to the bucket.

Don

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Away from serious life events, we're back to welding and cutting metal...
I'm a bit fuzzy about what that motor is for.

The hooks need balls, 2 for each implement [or 3 if using a quick hitch top link]. Balls are 10 euros each locally, as low as 5 online, but then the postage cost takes all the fun out.

I'm almost done with the 3-point linkage renovations except for the working ends.
I'm hardening and tempering some pins today, first time I've done that.

I had some trouble with the oven yesterday but it seems to be fixed now.

·
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,918
That will be fun, how long will it take for them to cook?
Electric or gas oven?
One more picture of non metal.

All it took was one smile and I was had.

Don

·
Super Moderator
3,959 Posts
That Texas Instruments LED digital watch pegs the date pretty good. (y) '76~'77?

5901 - 5920 of 7037 Posts