My Tractor Forum banner

5881 - 5900 of 5912 Posts

·
5K and there's still more
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,882
Wow! That's a lot of rain Don!
We would call that a flash flood.
They did a good job getting the power back on considering the situation.
Take care on the clean up!

OK Joe, I have the for sale sign up!
LOL!!
I'm liking the tracks vs tires.
I got the bucket off of the work bench, it was as scary as I thought it might be. It went well and all fingers and toes are accounted for.
The last piece of steel came in today, the cutters for the bucket sides. It's 3/8 inch by four inch 1045 steel already chopped up and ready to go.
The hydraulic parts are going to be here on Monday, plenty to do in the mean time.

Don

·
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,883
I welded the ;last part of the bucket today.
Tomorrow I will be starting the tilt part. I have the pivot portion in place on the bucket already so the rest will be on the mount. I'll need to fab the motor mount when it gets here tomorrow.

Sooooo, what have Mark & Pedro been up to??
How did Joe's brakes hold up. . . . .
How bad are the tree limbs at DonF's house
These and many more questions left unanswered to keep us awake at night. . . . .

Don

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I made new mirrors for the tractor, that won't break, because I broke a lot of them.
There will be pictures...
I'm rebuilding the 3-point lift arms, a job I started a long time ago.
Mostly boring [haha].
I'm still trying to get the material for new hedgecutter bars, I now know who sells it now, but they don't reply to my email.
Guess I should send one in Portuguese...
I need them to get it from their main shop up north.
My favorite shop closed down; the only bearing shop in the western Algarve. The main shop 100 miles from here is still open but that's ridiculous.
I bought new lights, but because I break a lot of them I don't want to put them in until I have a protective grill.
When making that I want to replace the FEL front braces because they can interfere with the front tires. Even after I do that, the fel arms can still rub when turning; but at least they can be lifted out of the way.
And I have to weld my new stainless muffler on it.
The thing burns oil and a top end rebuild would be a good thing.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I had a good size leak in my roof from all the rain. Tree limbs just the usual dead limbs. Had two trailer loads from one cedar tree about a month back. Here are a few pictures of the clean up. Pulled the limbs down with the Toyota and trailer. Took the generator and electric saws to cut them up to get them on the trailer. hauled two load to the brush pile.

DonF

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well, no new news on the brakes. I haven't found my "round-2-it"! I should have measured pad thickness before installing them and I could pull a few and measure, but I didn't. :oops: I did measure how much mounting bolt stuck out beyond the brake caliper. Since the caliper slides on the bolt, I reasoned that the amount of increase that the bolt protrudes would be indicative of wear. However, after that 160 mile trip, I couldn't see any difference.

I've been staying busy with some other stuff. Tomorrow, I get to go have my teeth cleaned. That's not too exciting though, is it? :ROFLMAO:
So, I decided to build me a new truck. How do y'all like it?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Not much going on on my end.

Bought a set of cheap Chinese carbide end mills. From 2 mm all the way to 12 mm. I'm 200% impressed and pleased with the end mills. They are made of actual carbide, very well made and ground. Really sharp. Cuts so nicely and smooth while it also leaves beautiful finishes. I'm actually mesmerized on how good those are.

I've been reviving the hydraulic flail mower. Swapped the double A belt drivetrain for a timing belt and proper pulleys I had. But, apparently, those use a not so common timing belt so I'm waiting for the proper belt to arrive in maybe 3 to 4 days. Just my luck. :)
The previous setup was burning the belts plus I had a brain fart whenever I made that because I had the belt tensioner on the wrong side which didn't help any.

Also built a new bigger and much heavier duty bench to support the milling machine and the lathe. With a shelf for all the steel stock and drops. Long enough, that I now have a place to put my surface plate. Now I need to get a height gage to go with it.

·
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,888
I have to say goodby to my best friend and companion that had enriched my life for the last 35 years.

She had a smile that melted hearts and caught mine for ever.
She was in a "happy place" when it was time for her to leave this place and is already on her new adventure.
She could bring sunshine to anyone she met and had so many that called her mom, a lot of kids adopted her many more called her their sister.
We will all miss her but are grateful to have had the chance to have known her.
Toni, my best friend and companion, my wife of thirty five years this Valentines Day, thank you for falling for a guy like me and filling my heart with enough love to keep me full until we are together again. That love that lives on even after we are no longer here, goes on and on.
It's still a pleasure to have known you, many warm memories will be with me for ever.

I'm a little ticked that you left early, I thought you would be here to see me off. No regrets I'd do it all over again

Don

·
Super Moderator
26,653 Posts
Don, I'm so sorry to hear about Toni's passing. The only thing I can tell you is to always look at the goodness she brought into your life. I lost my wife in September last year and it has been difficult, but I know she'd want me to live every day with her love in my heart, I'm sure Toni would want the same. That was a nice tribute to her and my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of grieving.

Tim

·
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,892
Thanks, guys. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Tim, I too am sorry for your loss, that was so recent. I'm sure it's still as if it was only a few days ago.
Time is both the enemy and a friend, it's passing helps to sooth and comfort us. Our fond memories we can recall as if it was yesterday.
Thanks, I will hold those memories as treasures.

Don

·
Registered
474 Posts
Don, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. God bless you and your family and give you peace and comfort in your time of grief.

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Don, so glad you got back on here. She was a beautiful lady and cherish the memories. Stay strong and keep coming back here where you have made so many friends.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Don I know how it is, loss mine almost three years ago Libby was 69. Your loss borugh tears to my eyes as I remember Libby. You'll never complety get over missing her, just do the best you can. I had Libby for almost 45 years. There is nothing I can say to make thing better. We are here for you and will keep you in our prayers.

·
Administrator
20,931 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss Don. Please accept our condolences,

Brad and Linda L

·
We're all friends here
13,812 Posts
Don, my deepest condolences to you and your family. Right now you have a hole in your heart and empty space in your life. Time will heal some of that but as you stated, the fond memories will remain forever.

5881 - 5900 of 5912 Posts