My Tractor Forum banner

5601 - 5610 of 5610 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Actually, the village where I live has an extremely low crime rate; the place is too small for anyone to get away with anything.
The resident population is supposedly only around 600 people, but we have a GNR [police] station with 8 officers, a jeep, a quad bike, and a dirt bike. Only in tourist season there are thousands of people here.
The cops get frustrated; one told me he hates this place.
Why?
"No crime." he told me.
"I thought police liked low crime." I said.
"How can I advance my career and get promotions if there's no crime to investigate?" he asked.

So we don't park outside the lines or anything.

·
5K and there's still more
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,602
Poor guy is way too motivated.
It must be long days for him having nothing to investigate.

Hoses fit.

After I thought about it, I realized I won't need to do anything to make the controls act correctly
It will be correct by default since there is only one circuit.
If in the future I need to add a breaker I can try again to remove the plugs and swap the fittings or reinstall the one inch fittings.
It's still new to me.

Donewrken

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Actually, the village where I live has an extremely low crime rate; the place is too small for anyone to get away with anything.
The resident population is supposedly only around 600 people, but we have a GNR [police] station with 8 officers, a jeep, a quad bike, and a dirt bike. Only in tourist season there are thousands of people here.
The cops get frustrated; one told me he hates this place.
Why?
"No crime." he told me.
"I thought police liked low crime." I said.
"How can I advance my career and get promotions if there's no crime to investigate?" he asked.

So we don't park outside the lines or anything.
Interesting. That surely doesn't happen here.

When I got broken into, once they realize the thieves used gloves, they instantly turned out on me and left saying the couldn't find anything... Not even our finger prints.. Go figure.

If your car gets stolen, they won't even bother to get to the place...

We also have an invasion of gypsies that do whatever they want. They steal everything from everybody and the police won't even care. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are afraid of them.

Poor guy is way too motivated.
It must be long days for him having nothing to investigate.

Hoses fit.

After I thought about it, I realized I won't need to do anything to make the controls act correctly
It will be correct by default since there is only one circuit.
If in the future I need to add a breaker I can try again to remove the plugs and swap the fittings or reinstall the one inch fittings.
It's still new to me.

Donewrken

That looks nice Don! The hose routing is very nice and close to the machine. Really nice!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Agree, the thumb is looking like a thing that works; when's the smoke test?

Yeah, we have the gypsies too; people blame all thefts on them, could be true, I have no idea.
One of my neighbors was rebuilding the engine of his bulldozer; someone broke in and stole the pistons, for scrap he thinks.
I mean... what are the odds of someone needed those particular Komatsu pistons?
That was a long time ago but he still obsesses about it.

We have the yard fenced and I keep the gates padlocked. Anyone can jump right over them, but then there's no easy excuse.
In the last place we lived, I once pinned a guy to the ground and held him there until police came.
it was 2am and I was naked, and it was raining just a little.
The cop was really pleased; "Well, this is handy!" he said as he cuffed the guy.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Well, if you have gypsies around, I can guarantee you that 99% of the thefts come from them...

They still all sorts of copper and aluminium made products. Needless to say that they are also the main thieves for those Power transformers like the one I have.

20 something years ago, we used to have a small camp of them behind our house. It's a piece of land that belongs to us and use the tiller on it about 2 to 3 times a year. No one will mess with them because one will get killed for sure and it's none of them, unfortunately.

Anyway, they made a mess on the ground with all the isolation of copper and aluminium wires. So, it's over 20 years later and we still have this constant battle of removing the isolation and all kinds of clothes and shoes from the tines on the tiller.

They ride their horses that were probably stolen from someone else, till they get completely exhausted, then they just tie the horse a tree on a remote piece of land and let him die there without any water or food.

The most revolting fact of this, is that the Government gives them houses and lots of benefits (money, education and so on) as if they deserve anything at all. The houses get completely destroyed in the first week. Aluminium windows are sold instantly.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, if you have gypsies around, I can guarantee you that 99% of the thefts come from them...

They still all sorts of copper and aluminium made products. Needless to say that they are also the main thieves for those Power transformers like the one I have.

20 something years ago, we used to have a small camp of them behind our house. It's a piece of land that belongs to us and use the tiller on it about 2 to 3 times a year. No one will mess with them because one will get killed for sure and it's none of them, unfortunately.

Anyway, they made a mess on the ground with all the isolation of copper and aluminium wires. So, it's over 20 years later and we still have this constant battle of removing the isolation and all kinds of clothes and shoes from the tines on the tiller.

They ride their horses that were probably stolen from someone else, till they get completely exhausted, then they just tie the horse a tree on a remote piece of land and let him die there without any water or food.

The most revolting fact of this, is that the Government gives them houses and lots of benefits (money, education and so on) as if they deserve anything at all. The houses get completely destroyed in the first week. Aluminium windows are sold instantly.

Wow! Those Gypsies sound like wonderful people! o_O

·
Registered
432 Posts
You'd hear it from the people of the town they called them . . . . .

Joe, are you home again?

Donewrken

Yep. Made it home on Friday. Got most of the stuff transferred to the house. Finished on Saturday and then, winterized the camper. We made it home with only one of the four trailer brakes. This is what 3 of the 4 rotors look like.

This is what I did to make it home with one brake. I have vice grip pliers on the three rubber hoses to the calipers.

I sure hope this mess is covered under warranty!

5601 - 5610 of 5610 Posts