My Tractor Forum banner

5501 - 5520 of 5618 Posts

·
5K and there's still more
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,501
The cylinder arrived.
It should work out fine after a bit of surgery and some parts off of a center link.
The excavator is fitted with two hydraulic circuits on the boom.

The one with the quick connects has one inch couplers.

Do you know how much another set would cost??$$$

Fortunately, they are connected to 1/2" lines so I can get by with these.

Which are affordable at two sets for around $30 bucks as opposed to $120 a pair for the one inch.

Breaks over, back to work.

Donewrken

:fing32:

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
On the end of the auxiliary lines, you have a splitter manifold.

The big 1" couplers are for the hammer as it requires One way high flow all the time then you have a plugged port. The port is used by the thumb, you can either attach the hose directly, or get a smaller set of 1/2" couplers.

On that manifold, you'll see a square. That square is used to selected what attachment you're using. Rotate to one side and it's for the hammer, to the other side and it actuates the thumb.

Of course, on the computer, you would also switch between two way (Thumb) and one way (hammer).

jA7OQcw.jpg

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,503
Thanks for that.
Your description was spot on.
I'm not sure of the plug on the square block, I'll have to take another look.
I can switch the S1 & S2 from right to left and can also set the limits.
I was just out going through the menus, it's surprising how many items can be set. Alarms can be adjusted for bucket, boom, dipper and a host of others.
It also has an idle down for when you are not using anything that can be set to idle up full throttle for what ever reason.

A lot to learn still but enjoying all of it.

Thanks for the input, will most likely do just as you said now that you said it.

Donewrken

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,504
On the end of the auxiliary lines, you have a splitter manifold.

The big 1" couplers are for the hammer as it requires One way high flow all the time then you have a plugged port. The port is used by the thumb, you can either attach the hose directly, or get a smaller set of 1/2" couplers.

On that manifold, you'll see a square. That square is used to selected what attachment you're using. Rotate to one side and it's for the hammer, to the other side and it actuates the thumb.

Of course, on the computer, you would also switch between two way (Thumb) and one way (hammer).

View attachment 2405819

The plugged port is a hex head plug, should be an easy one to connect to.
I'm going to use 1/2 inch quick connects that will act as a swivel somewhat and keep things from getting all hosed up. Hehehe.
:hide:

I was actually able to find the top link that I need for the cylinder.
Amazing considering the jungle the garage has become.

Hopefully I can get some time to work on it tomorrow. The pin and bushing are on the way as well as the hoses.
I only needed to buy one SAE fitting and it was only five bucks.
Well, plus a replacement for the stock.

The worst part is I'll have the urge to go out and munch on trees,
or toss a few boulders.
:ROF

Donewrken

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Yes the plug is a hex but the square that I'm talking about is the diverter valve to switch between the two outputs. If you put a wrench on it, it should rotate.

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,506 (Edited)
Yeah, I was picturing some sort of internal proprietary type plug for some reason.
I'm still getting familiar with the it.
Right, the block has a square valve to turn.

Pictures to follow. I was waiting on the new batteries & charger for my camera. Nice little USB charger, even has a LCD screen.

Toys are a good distraction from reality at times and I'm needing some of that right now. So is this.

Thanks, Rich!!

Don

:1221:

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,507
Parts.

Aint it purdy!

The first use of the lathe. :tango_face_grin:

All hacked up.

There was something about stabbing a turning piece of steel with another piece of steel that didn't seem all that safe of a thing to do.
After the first one didn't explode or jump out and try to smack me I felt a bit more comfortable but am reserving the feeling foe safe keeping of the body parts.

Donewrken

·
Super Moderator
15,073 Posts
Looks like success to me

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,510
Thanks, guys.
I can't take credit for the finish, it had both ends all done and I made two out of the 2" wide bushing.
Then faced them both on the lathe.
Since I used the horizontal band saw to cut it in half, I had about an eighth inch to clean up.

Did I mention it's a 45mm x 16" pin? About 1-3/4" x 16".

I need to take a stone to the carbide cutters I have or figure out what to order.

I put a bunch of holes in the steel and hope to do some welding tomorrow.

Donewrken

·
Parts collector
2,775 Posts
Yeah, I was picturing some sort of internal proprietary type plug for some reason.
I'm still getting familiar with the it.
Right, the block has a square valve to turn.

Pictures to follow. I was waiting on the new batteries & charger for my camera. Nice little USB charger, even has a LCD screen.

Toys are a good distraction from reality at times and I'm needing some of that right now. So is this.

Thanks, Rich!!

Don

:1221:

Ha Ha I have seen Chebbys and Toys fold like that but never a Furd. :tango_face_smile_bi

Yeah that hoist setup is so scary it's not funny! :tango_face_surprise

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Good job Don!

That's a nice easy and simple project to get familiar with the lathe.

I agree with Mark. Don't take things for granted as the lathe won't take it easy.

In the meantime, it has been raining pretty much non stop for the last couple weeks, so outside projects kinda came to a halt.

I believe I'm going to take advantage of the excess stock sale on the UK Hydraulic shop and get a brand new hydraulic motor for 45$ that I'll be using on the backhoe. Yes, I'm going to modify things on the machine yet again :D

The plan is to get this higher RPM motor and put it on the machine. I'll take the second gearbox out and just go with one. Make it simple and practical, yet a bit faster.

This will leave me with a spare hydraulic motor. It will most likely going into a Post hole digger, even though I had one for it, it's just too big, massive and heavy (~110 lbs). By the way, I bought two 150 mm (6") augers for 28$ each, that are yet to arrive, if it will even arrive. :hide:

I'll either sell one or add some metal and make it wider. I don't even know if they are new or used.

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,513 (Edited)
Ha Ha I have seen Chebbys and Toys fold like that but never a Furd.

Yeah that hoist setup is so scary it's not funny! :tango_face_surprise
I guess tongue weight was a little more important than he thought.

Even has concrete blocks the wrong way. LOL!!

Yeaaa for the rain. Hope it keeps your fire season under control.
Mixed blessing, more weeds to cut or burn.
I know how those sales are hard to resist,

I now have two pumps in stock for the next whatever.

They are both able to be belt driven and are a name brand pumps.

Sounds like a streak of good shopping finds.

OK, I'll take the extra auger, $28 bucks, and I get free shipping. Right? ;)

I had a a moment the other day with the excavator, a warning light for hot exhaust.
Oh boy. Don't even try to tell me there is a problem with the tier IV exhaust. I looked up the prices on a website and the mufflers start around 4g, other parts at 2g.
I couldn't find anything about how to deal with it in my brand new factory service manual and not much help on forums or YouTube.
I tried running it at full throttle once or twice then on the third day while having started it to do some more bending another warning light came on and said full throttle. So I did that and I think it needed to be at auto idle with it at full throttle, which was the one I had a question about as to why you would want it to default to full. Letting it run the cycle was the answer for the issue. It's a good feeling to know that it did what it was supposed to do. I also found a couple of service records in the "glove box", one showed new tracks were put on three years ago, the other was the 500 hour service.

That thing is a beast for bending metal.

It's a little tricky getting pieces of steel in the right position and after ten or more attempts I brought out a 20 foot chain and hooks.

I was done in minutes. It just stays at idle speed without a single moan or grown while curling the bucket & chain over the dipper.

Donewrken

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
You really don't want to cancel a regen process. That's where most problems start off. With people canceling regens, then the DPF will plug.

That warning light for the exhaust means that it is still cold and wants you to rev up the engine to bring that temp up as well.

You then just let it do its thing. You operate it as if nothing is happening. It may actually help as it loads the engine and therefore will get higher exhaust temperature.

·
Super Moderator
15,073 Posts
Don, we used to bend 2 inch rigid conduit out on the jobsite with the bucket. Quick and easy, just have to be careful not to kink it.

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,517 (Edited)
I didn't get a chance to weld it but I ran out and snapped a couple.
It looks better directly above it.

Bending 2 inch rigid conduit!
Now that's cool. :fing02:
Dad & I bent a 4 inch rigid conduit one time.
Nothing fancy probably 20° in 10 foot, my neighbors cement truck was involved with it.

Donewrken

·
Super Moderator
15,073 Posts
Did you. Lay the two side pieces together to bend them so they would have identical bends

·
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,520
That's not possible on these pieces.
Though easier to bend the steel with the bucket and it's mount,
it is not an exact science yet and it is hard to "get a feel for it" since
all the controls are pilot valves.
I had them both bent closer to each other on the first attempt,
unfortunately they were too close together and when trying to relax
them a little they weren't as co-operative but I'm still working on them.

Donewrken

5501 - 5520 of 5618 Posts