My Tractor Forum banner

my latest buy

2478 20
i just bought this evening a ss18, really nice original suburban ten and another really nice original custom 8e.... with a rear blade and rake and some rake type thing with spikes in it... i'll post pics as soon as i get them all to my house
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
nice. the fleet sure is growing! pics??
soon soon i'll get pics of the 8e tomorrow just the way i bought it... it has a briggs on it which i dont really like but i'll live
i have a 6hp tecumseh if you want to swap?
nahhhh its a very nice original tractor you'll see why i'll live with that it has when i take pics of it
The Briggs 8 HP is a good engine too..I had a Compact 8M with one and it was very powerful for it's size..Briggs are easier to find parts for too,than Tecumseh's..
here is a pic of my custom 8e... doesnt have spark at the moment... hopefully somebody will kno if it has points under the flywheel or not..... cuz i dont really wanna pull the flywheel off...

Attachments

I do believe she does!!! have fun pulling it!
thats not gunna be a puller... gunna stay just the way it is it has a straight three speed trans... i wanna show it
I think he meant have fun pulling the flywheel.

Nice find though, have pics of the other tractors?
I do believe she does!!! have fun pulling it!
this is true ha ha... ops. nope not yet cuz their not at my house yet... maybe friday night or saturday not sure
j. gibson was right, i met have fun pulling flywheel.....
here is some more pics of what i bought.... and the custom 8e runs i just gotta take the carb apart and clean it

Attachments

nnooooo thats staying with me.... if i find the other set of harrows i might trade or sell those.... but i gotta find all the attachments i have and put them in one place where i can find them
I would like some of your attachments :D
Wow,it's a twin to the Compact 8M I traded for a snowplow setup for my latest 4x4 truck ,earlier this year!..same color,engine,and grille/hood..mine was a 1972..still have the 1970 Compact 7M I got about the same time as the 8M...I'd keep the 7M if I had some attachments,I saw a whole tractor with one at a swap meet for 150 bucks last year but didn't have the cash to scoff it..it was nicer than mine was!..

Just because the Compacts lack the hi-low tranny ,it dont mean they cant pull like their bigger brothers..one I have now is only a 3 speed ,but first is nice and slow and it's dragged everything I've chained it too I wanted to move loke logs,and its shorter frame makes for more nimble manuverability out in the woods..it'll fit between trees the Suburbans cannot!..
here is a pic of my custom 8e... doesnt have spark at the moment... hopefully somebody will kno if it has points under the flywheel or not..... cuz i dont really wanna pull the flywheel off...
lol i think alot of ppl would like my attechments... im going to ask my father if hed trade or sell one that he has that i kno is rare.... but i wanna try to keep at least one of each.... i kno my father sold some stuff with a gt 18 hydro we had.... i should post some pics of tractors we have and had ha ha the only tractor i'm missing now is a seven hp tractor.... otherwise i have all the sears tractors from 6 up to 20 as far as hp ratings go
u got the 16 single and 18 single??? i got almost every model from 73-77.....what attchment u got thats rare? ill do some trading with ya!!! hehe i got WAY to much stuff anymore...Im having trouble remembering whats what and where everything is..and I used to know all the model #s by heart, but now I got WAY to much stuff and have forgotten it all...
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.