My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought this evening a ss18, really nice original suburban ten and another really nice original custom 8e.... with a rear blade and rake and some rake type thing with spikes in it... i'll post pics as soon as i get them all to my house

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
nice. the fleet sure is growing! pics??

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
soon soon i'll get pics of the 8e tomorrow just the way i bought it... it has a briggs on it which i dont really like but i'll live

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i have a 6hp tecumseh if you want to swap?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nahhhh its a very nice original tractor you'll see why i'll live with that it has when i take pics of it

·
15,000 +posts!
20,543 Posts
The Briggs 8 HP is a good engine too..I had a Compact 8M with one and it was very powerful for it's size..Briggs are easier to find parts for too,than Tecumseh's..

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is a pic of my custom 8e... doesnt have spark at the moment... hopefully somebody will kno if it has points under the flywheel or not..... cuz i dont really wanna pull the flywheel off...

Attachments

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
I do believe she does!!! have fun pulling it!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats not gunna be a puller... gunna stay just the way it is it has a straight three speed trans... i wanna show it

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is true ha ha... ops. nope not yet cuz their not at my house yet... maybe friday night or saturday not sure

·
2,456 Posts
j. gibson was right, i met have fun pulling flywheel.....

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
trade for that york rake?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nnooooo thats staying with me.... if i find the other set of harrows i might trade or sell those.... but i gotta find all the attachments i have and put them in one place where i can find them

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
I would like some of your attachments :D

·
15,000 +posts!
20,543 Posts
here is a pic of my custom 8e... doesnt have spark at the moment... hopefully somebody will kno if it has points under the flywheel or not..... cuz i dont really wanna pull the flywheel off...
Wow,it's a twin to the Compact 8M I traded for a snowplow setup for my latest 4x4 truck ,earlier this year!..same color,engine,and grille/hood..mine was a 1972..still have the 1970 Compact 7M I got about the same time as the 8M...I'd keep the 7M if I had some attachments,I saw a whole tractor with one at a swap meet for 150 bucks last year but didn't have the cash to scoff it..it was nicer than mine was!..

Just because the Compacts lack the hi-low tranny ,it dont mean they cant pull like their bigger brothers..one I have now is only a 3 speed ,but first is nice and slow and it's dragged everything I've chained it too I wanted to move loke logs,and its shorter frame makes for more nimble manuverability out in the woods..it'll fit between trees the Suburbans cannot!..

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol i think alot of ppl would like my attechments... im going to ask my father if hed trade or sell one that he has that i kno is rare.... but i wanna try to keep at least one of each.... i kno my father sold some stuff with a gt 18 hydro we had.... i should post some pics of tractors we have and had ha ha the only tractor i'm missing now is a seven hp tractor.... otherwise i have all the sears tractors from 6 up to 20 as far as hp ratings go

·
2,456 Posts
u got the 16 single and 18 single??? i got almost every model from 73-77.....what attchment u got thats rare? ill do some trading with ya!!! hehe i got WAY to much stuff anymore...Im having trouble remembering whats what and where everything is..and I used to know all the model #s by heart, but now I got WAY to much stuff and have forgotten it all...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts