My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to hijack aardvark161's "It's Alive thread but I saw in post 18 "Zippez" has a link for the owner/operating manual for the Super Chief 1200.
I was wondering if anyone could guide me to a similar link for an owner/ operating manual and spec sheet for my Kohler Engine. I am under the impression from what I have read on here (again I am totally new to this and all my information so far has been gained from this awesome site- so thanks) that being I have a SC 1200 that the engine is a 12HP. Here are pics of the tag that is on the engine.
Also any info on where I could get any rebuild parts, carb parts etc would be appreciated as well.

·
MTF senior member
203 Posts
Sure eBay is usually chock-full of kohler engine parts especially the k sieries,I would look there first.

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
Most small engine shops can get just about anything you could need...many things can be pricey! Just for "expensual" reference I had a general overhaul done for $388.00 on a 12hp. That included a new rod, piston, and all the gaskets etc. About half was labor.

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
Unknowing of ones talents...I just laid out some general information for those who may
be wondering what an overhaul would cost.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thank you for that info and wasn't trying to be sarcastic- sorry if it came across that way- being that I am on a budget I will try to do as much as I can by myself

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In all honesty less than $400 for a completely rebuilt 12hp Kohler that would quite possibly last another 40 plus years isn't too bad.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
We have rebuilt a lot of them; Unless the engine has been mistreated runlow on oil , They are simple to rebuild; You should get it done for near $100.00 If you seat the valves, Clean the piston, ring groves, brake the wall glaze; Plastic gage the shaft; new rings, head, pan,carb, gaskets you'll be ready to go; Oh clean the carb. The Kohler is a very good engine,

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
This is just reference.
Northern Tool and Equipment sells a Kohler 12hp Command Pro for $879.99
So... an overhaul on an original engine for less than half of that is a good deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts