My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time I told him if it was not fixed I want my money back! This gth26v48 is junk! I really recommend people from buying one.

Missing lift bolts from the factory, middle spindle was mowing higher than the 2 outer ones, hard starting. Bagger was all busted up in shipping. Now it spits and sputters and dies! I will say this out loud for the first time, I should have kept my cub cadet or bought a deere!

Junk Junk Junk Junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealer says its the ethanol gas collecting water and added some drygas to my tank and said I am good to go. With this machines track record I will be back next week!

:14_6_5:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
time to buy a sears suburban :fing32:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
well i can say that my SS/16 cuts like a DREAM

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry about all the troubles your having with yours.
As for the gas,my manual says the Endurance will run on ethanol fuels just fine.

I'm having pretty good luck with mine so far,a few personal gripes but nothing major except the fuel line recall I need to get checked out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That reminded me the dealer said I should run 92 octane in it too. Gas is gas to me. If 87 is blended with ethanol so is 92. I do understand the difference in octane ratings its just the ethanol levels would be about the same.

Its to the point I do not want to run it anymore. Kind of like a baby, a new rattle everyday! :crybaby:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have to say my Husky is fine (2042LS), but not great. Just had it in the shop as the ammeter and hour meter were not working correctly since I got it last year and it turns out the ammeter was installed backward from the beginning. It was also hard starting, which was remedied by adjusting the throttle cable.

Neither affected using the tractor and mine runs and cuts fine, but not the quality I expected.

·
Banned
297 Posts
I started using hi test in mowers,saws,and trimmers this spring and just started mixing marine stable in the gas as well to combat this ethinal laced gas,to soon to tell for me though,havn't mowed the yard in 6 weeks cause of drought and heat,,,but have had more fuel problems in past 6 months or so with every thing than the previous 6 years,,

·
Registered
268 Posts
I read on the back label of Sta-Bil that it helps gas with ethanol in it.I just got 10 gallons of gas (with up to 10% ethanol in it) to use in my tractor and weed eater,I think I'm gonna put some Sta-Bil in it to keep it fresh.

I know in my car I can tell the difference in fuel mileage using ethanol blend,it gets about 2-3 mpg less.

·
Banned
2 Posts
That reminded me the dealer said I should run 92 octane in it too. Gas is gas to me. If 87 is blended with ethanol so is 92. I do understand the difference in octane ratings its just the ethanol levels would be about the same.

Its to the point I do not want to run it anymore. Kind of like a baby, a new rattle everyday! :crybaby:

I run high test in all my EQ ..I used to believe that gas was gas to ..But i learned that high test makes them run a lot better ..I proved this myself with a snowblower i had ..It ran like crap so i pulled the carb did the carb clean replaced plug did a full tune up put reg gas in it ..It still ran like crap and spit and sput just like it did before i had redone everything ..i pulled it apart again checked it all over everything was good checked fuel for water not a drop ..fired it up still ran like crap ...Now i was getting Pi$$ed off..I had some high test sitting in my spare gas can because thats what i use in my 4 wheeler ..I put that in it ..It fired right up and ran like a top no spit or sputter ...I sold the blower to a fellow he called me up one day and said this blower is running like crap i asked him did you put reg gas in it or high test ..He said reg i told him to drain it and put high test in it ..He did and called me back and said it was fine now ..Go figure lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts